Mechanistry has just deployed the Timberborn Oct. 7 Update, and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. This latest patch primarily brings three new decorative fences, a new model of Paper Mill, additional tips to the tutorial, and many more gameplay changes. Moreover, the developers have announced that the game will be receiving a crash fix update real soon.
The latest patch is available as a mandatory download on all supported platforms. The actual file size of this patch hasn’t been revealed yet. All the relevant information regarding Timberborn Oct. 7 Update has been added in the following section.
Timberborn Patch Notes: Oct. 7 Update
Here is the official patch notes list for Timberborn Oct. 7 Update:
Improved tutorial We’ve updated the tutorial. It is still focused on the basic aspects of running your settlement so let us know how you find it after the changes!
- Added additional tips to the tutorial.
- Icons related to the currently active tip will now blink.
Needs system rework, part 1There’s a large content update coming that will make good use of the updated needs system, and we’re already preparing for that. No spoilers yet, but it will be something tasty.
- Needs displayed in the Well-being panel and after clicking a beaver are now grouped (for example, Hunger, Thirst, and Sleep are now Basic needs).
- Needs previously reserved for adults are now also available to kits. What it means is that it is now possible to reach population well-being of 15.
BuildingsWe’ve added three types of decorative fences. Go ahead and customize your settlements further! Also, Paper Mill has a new model.
- New building: Log Fence (150 SP, 3 logs)
- New building: Plank Fence (150 SP, 3 planks)
- New building: Metal Fence (250 SP, 3 metal blocks)
- Paper Mill now has a new, symmetrical model that’s easier to use and connect power to.
- Fixed the lighting in Rooftop Terrace.
- It is no longer possible to build Floodgates on top of the 3×2 roof.
- Lists of goods (for example in the Distribution Post) are now sorted alphabetically based on the localized names.
- Beehive no longer increases the growth progress of withered crops.
- Fixed Depth Marker’s behaviour when built on a platform.
- Fixed global height limits on water levels – the water on the map can now be as high as the highest allowed buildings.
- Fixed a bug with overlapping in-game text.
- Metal Blocks are now properly saved as “MetalBlock” in savefiles.
- Fixed rare cases when beavers refused to plant at certain spots.
- Flag workers will now try to move currently carried goods to a warehouse if their flag is paused/destroyed.
- Buildings will no longer display “vacant” warnings if they’re paused.
- Fixed performance drops that happened when large numbers of unemployed beavers tried to resupply Breeding Pods with no resources available. They were just trying to help, mkay?
- Fixed a problem with “leaking” map edges after placing and removing a water source in the map editor.
- Fixed a problem with the flooded/not flooded status on rotated Water Wheels.
- Fixed a crash caused by deleting a Deep Water Pump built at the highest possible level.
- Fixed a problem with the Underground Warehouse’s entrance being blocked when built at the lowest possible level.
- The player logs now include more information about the user’s hardware configuration. It helps us identify scenarios where crashes and other problems occur on a specific setup.
- There are now limits on the values entered on the Custom Difficulty Mode screen.
- Map Editor now allows adding multiple ruins at once by dragging a cursor.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.