Riot Games has just released Valorant Update 2.09 on May 11, and we have the complete patch notes for you. The update adds a series of fixes and changes to the game. Most notably, Viper has been nerfed quite significantly. Plus, the new Replication game mode has been teased for quite a while has finally been added to the game.
The file size for the game has not been released, but the patch is available globally for download on PC through Valorant’s official launcher. The game will through a short maintenance period before you can officially play on the new patch.
Valorant Update 2.09 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for Valorant Update 2.09 that is now rolling out to all supported platforms of the game:
- The instant decay inflicted when entering Viper’s smoke or crossing her wall, reduced 50 >>> 30
- Blocked vision of the gaps above Mid-Wood Doors and A Metal Doors
- Smoothed player collision in various locations
Game System Updates
- Added tactical timeouts to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- 2 tactical timeouts can be called per game, per team.
- Tactical timeouts last 60 seconds.
- Tactical timeouts freeze all player movements for the duration of the timeout.
- For technical pauses, the standard Pause Match Timer option is still available.
- Improved the visual synchronization of bullet tracers and impact effects for Observers
- This should fix most cases where it looks like a player is killed before a bullet reaches them in our esports viewing experience.
- Adjusted color of placeable utility on the minimap to match team color for Observers
- Adjusted color of names in player loadout HUD to match team color
- Spaced the End Game Phase and Pause Match Timer options in Custom Games to prevent misclicks
- Improved feel on rope ascenders in high latency situations
- Minor performance optimizations to UI in matches
- Added team colors for placed Agent abilities, for observers
- Fixed issue where Astra’s Nebula was slightly offset once fully formed
- Fixed bullet impacts on Sova’s Owl Drone wings appearing in the wrong locations
- Fixed issues across multiple Agents with incorrect damage icons for abilities showing up in the killfeed
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Nanoswarm audio would cut off if it was destroyed right after activation
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s Seekers did not show how many enemies were affected in the combat report
- Omen can no longer drop the Spike or weapons while casting From the Shadows
- Fixed an issue where Killjoy’s Alarmbot would display flashed visual effects while invisible
- Fixed an issue where weapons could be instantly reloaded after spamming orb pick ups
- Fixed an issue where sound was lowered by 5dB
- Fixed 1P snow impacts that occurred rarely in gun fights
- Fixed a number of exploits around the map
- Fixed an issue where players could sandwich themselves in between Sage’s wall and the Mechanical Doors on Breeze (or Ascent)
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s leaderboard rank to not show up on their Act Rank badge
- Fixed a bug that was showing the ranked rating threshold on the leaderboard for previous Acts
- Only the current Act should show a ranked rating threshold bar from now on.
Are you finally happy about Viper getting the nerf she deserves? Or do you spam her in competitive and don’t know what to do anymore? In any case, these changes will be carried over to the competitive scene too! If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Riot Games