Gaijin Entertainment just deployed the major War Thunder Update 3.67 (PS5 Version 1.000.033) for all the players and here we have the full patch notes list. This big update is being called as “Red Skies” patch by the developers and is now available to download and install.
As usual, this is too soon to tell about the update file size. However, we will update here once we find out or may be you could help us out below in the comments? All the relevant information regarding this War Thunder Update 3.67 is explained in the release notes.
War Thunder Update 3.67 Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for the War Thunder Update 3.67 that is now rolling out to all supported platforms of the game:
MiG-23M, Sea Vixen F.A.W. Mk.2 and more!
- F-5C (pack)
- F-4F (late)
- Su-7BMK (pack)
- Sea Vixen F.A.W. Mk.2 (premium)
- P-51C-11-NT (premium)
- Sagittario 2
- M.D.454 Mystere IVa
- Bf 109 G-6 (premium)
11 new ground vehicles, including long awaited modern Chinese SPAA!
- Marder A1-
- TAM 2IP (premium)
- Concept 3 (P)
- Scout AH.Mk.1 (detailed cockpit has been added)
- Lynx AH.Mk.1 (detailed cockpit has been added)
- G-LYNX (detailed cockpit has been added)
- SA.316B Alouette III (detailed cockpit has been added)
- IAR 316B (detailed cockpit has been added)
- USS Wyoming (BB-32)
- USS Candid (AM-154)
- VS-8 Schell I (premium)
- Pr.30-bis Bezuprechny
- Leopard Class (F-14)
- Dante Alighieri
New locations and missions
- New location for mixed battles “Red desert”
- New naval location “Drowned city”
Location and mission updates
- Animation for distant windmills and pump jacks has been added.
- Visual issues of snow have been fixed for the location “Stalingrad – tank battle”.
- Airfields at the higher ranks will now be protected by modern anti-aircraft guns, including missile weaponry, in aircraft RB missions where an integrated system of different fields for battles at different ranks was received in recent updates.
- The following missions now have the mechanics of different airfields for battles at different ranks:
- Operation “Sicily”
- Operation “Korea”
- Operation “Ruhr”
- Operation “Tunisia”
- Operation “Zhengzhou”
- Operation “China Civil War 1946”
- Overall rework of visuals in “Pacific Hidden Base”
- The “Sicily” mission is back in rotation. The mission is based on the greatly reworked EC logics, for which the other EC missions will have transferred soon. The full list of changes you may find in previous changelog during the testing of “Sicily”. Additional changes are:
- Mission is rotated 90 degrees in order for every team to have its own part on land and sea.
- Every team has its own carrier.
- Mission’s size is increased from 7×7 to 8×8 squares; the square sides are 8.192 metres.
- Modern AA systems, Including missiles, have been added to airfield protection in high rank battles.
- New mission “Denmark” is available in custom battles only, its size is 128×128 km.
- Known bug: AI ships may ram and get stuck in each other.
- Migration to this logic will occur in stages, during this major update.
- Modern AA systems, Including missiles, have been added to airfield protection in high rank battles in the following missions: “Maginot Line”, “Tunisia”, “Zhengzhou”, and “China Civil War 1946”.
Ground Vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- The aiming algorithm for semi-automatic missiles has been improved. The new algorithm takes into account movement of the vehicle and target much better, with improved accuracy and without swinging off the trajectory, both in automatic and manual modes. The algorithm works for all SAM SPAA’s with semi-automatic guidance, as well as for any ATGM launched from the ground or from helicopters.
- The limit for launching missiles on the go has been removed for the Sidam Mistral SPAA.
- Protection analysis is now able to show overpressure damage effects.
- Physically correct tracks have been added for:
- Germany: Panther A, Panther D, Panther F, Panther G, Jagdpanther, Bfw.Jagdpanther, Tiger H1, Tiger E
- France: Panther “Dauphine”
- China: CM11
- Japan: Heavy Tank No.6
- USSR: T-V
- T-90A — shell from research tier I 3BM22 has been changed to 3BM42. Tier IV shell 3BM42M has been changed to 3BM46.
- T-80U —shell from research tier I 3BM22 has been changed to 3BM42. Tier IV shell 3BM42M has been changed to 3BM46.
- T-72B3 — shell from research tier I 3BM22 has been changed to 3BM42. Tier IV shell 3BM42M has been changed to 3BM60.
- Leopard 2A6, Strv 122B PLSS — balancing reduction of the rate of fire has been revoked.
- Leclerc S1, S2 — commander’s thermal imager has been changed to IR night vision device. Source: Tankograd Nr.8001, Leclerc // Editions Techniques pour l’Automobile et l’Industrie, Char Leclerc // (report).
- M48 Super – the physically correct tracks have been temporarily revoked.
- Type-74, Type-74F, Type-74G — mantlet armour now consists of voluminous armour.
- M60A1, M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, M60A1 RISE(P), M60A3 TTS, M60A3 TTS(China), M60 AMBT — turret armour now consists of voluminous armour.
- Leopard 2A4, Strv 121 — composite armour now voluminous. Armour durability has been specified to be more correct for striking angles. Weak zones have been increased due to design features of the gunner’s sight.
- Challenger Mk.2, Challenger Mk.3, Challenger 2, Challenger 2 (2F) — composite armour now consists of voluminous armour.
- M1, IPM1, M1A1 — turret and front hull armour now consists of voluminous armour.
- Challenger 2 (2F) — a bug with a missing armour part when using the Dorchester 2F modification has been fixed. (report).
- Strv 104, Chieftain Mk.3, Chieftain Mk.5, Chieftain Mk.10, Challenger Mk.2, Challenger Mk.3, Conqueror — traverse angles for the anti-aircraft machine gun have been clarified.
- Т-72АВ (TURMS-T) — the armour has been clarified. Armour characteristics have been adjusted according to Т-72A 1983 (report).
- Strv 103-0, Strv 103A, Strv 103C — A bug that prevented automatic distance setting for the laser rangefinder has been fixed.
Aircraft and helicopter model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- FJ-4B VMF-232 – 4х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F3H-2 — AIM-7C missile has been added.
- Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9 — in 4х Firestreak weapon preset, outboard guns have been removed.
- T2 — AIM-9B modification has been removed, 2хAIM-9B preset is now available by default. RP or GE, spent on this modification will be refunded.
- Mirage IIIC — AIM-9B modification has been removed, 2хAIM-9B preset is now available by default. RP or GE, spent on this modification will be refunded.
- Mirage IIIE — AIM-9B modification has been removed, 2хAIM-9B preset is now available by default. RP or GE spent on this modification will be refunded.
- Lightning F.6 — Firestreak modification has been removed, 2хFirestreaks preset is now available by default. RP or GE spent on this modification will be refunded.
- For most aircraft of rank VI and above possessing air-to-air missiles, default missile presets have been introduced. These presets are available for aircraft with missiles of different types and those able to use more than two missiles of each type at a time.
- List of the aircraft that have received default presets with air-to-air missiles without the need to research the modifications:
- FJ-4B — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- FJ-4B VMF-232 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F9F-8 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F11F-1 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F3H-2 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-100D — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F8U-2 — 2х AIM-9B preset is now available without opening this modification.
- A-7D — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- Phantom FGR.2 — a 2х AIM-9D and 1х SUU-23/A preset has been added.
- Phantom FG.1 — a 2х AIM-9D and 1х SUU-23/A preset has been added.
- F-4C — 2х AIM-9B and 1х SUU-23/A presets have been added on the central pylon.
- F-4E — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-4F Early — 2х AIM-9B FGW.2 preset has been added.
- F-5С — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-104G — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- MiG-21MF — 2х R-3S preset has been added.
- МiG-21СМТ — 2х R-3s preset has been added.
- МiG-21bis — 2х R-3s preset has been added.
- Su-17М2 — 2х R-60 preset has been added.
- Javelin F.(A.W.) Mk.9 — 2х Firestreak preset has been added.
- Scimitar F Mk.1 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- Hunter F.6 — 2х SRAAM preset has been added.
- Lightning F.6 — 2х Firestreak presets are now available without opening this modification.
- F-1 — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-4EJ — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-104J — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-104G (China) — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-104S — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-100A — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- F-100D (France) — 2х AIM-9B preset has been added.
- J32B — 2х RB24 preset has been added.
- J35D — 2х RB24 preset has been added.
- T2 — 2х AIM-9B presets are now available without opening this modification.
- List of the aircraft that have received default presets with air-to-air missiles without the need to research the modifications:
- NS-45 cannon — AP-T round has been added (Source: сравнительная таблица основных характеристик 45-мм. авиационных автоматических пушек ОКБ-15 и ОКБ-16 по результатам государственных испытаний в НИИ АВ ВВС КА)
- Ho 229 v.3 — armour piercing composite rigid tracer shell has been added to “armoured targets” belt.
- P-63A-5 (USSR), P-63C-5 (USSR), P-63A-10 (USSR) — 500 lb bomb has been changed to FAB-250 in the secondary weapon menu.
- P-400 — 500 lb bomb has been added.
- P-39K-1 (USSR), P-39Q-15 (USSR) — FAB 250 bomb has been added.
- P-39N-0, P-39Q-5 — 500 lb bomb has been added.
- Do 217E-2, Do 217E-4 – Separate bomb drop has been added for bombs of the 250, 500 and 1000 kg.
- F9F-8 — type of the 1000 lb bomb has been changed from AN-M65 to LDGP Mk 83.
- F-4EJ Phantom II — a bug has been fixed that prevented the selection of belt type for the gun pods.
- F.222.2 — an inconsistency between machine guns models and their names has been fixed.
- J35D — a bug has been fixed , due to which the m/56d preset could be obtained by researching m/57d modification.
- Ka-29 — a bug has been fixed , due to which 2А42 gun wasn’t designated as secondary.
- Mi-24P (Germany) / Mi-24P HFS 80 – additional reload of 9M114 ATGM has been added.
- A-4E Early — forward guns have been changed from Mk 12 Mod 3 to Mk 12 Mod 0. (report)
- Buccaneer S.2 — incorrect display of some weapon presets have been corrected. (report)
- F-4E Phantom II — AGM-65B Maverick has been added.
- GP 50 bomb — weight of the bomb has been corrected to 59 kg, weight of the TNT to 29,2 kg.
- Browning M2 — the difference in the rate of fire has been fixed. Specifically, the M2 gun mounted on aircraft varied and is now corrected to 750 rpm
- F8U-2 — name of the ZUNI rocket launcher modification has been corrected. (report)
- Q-5A — Lack of selecting of different countermeasure options (flares and chaff) has been fixed (report).
- MiG-21MF — radar warning system has been added.
- F7F-3 — 1,000lb Mk12 Mod 0 mines have been added.
- Phantom FGR.2 — AIM-9G has been added to the weaponry presets.
- Phantom FG.1 — AIM-9G has been added to the weaponry presets.
- A129CBT — a bug has been fixed due to which flares and IRCM could not be installed simultaneously. Incorrect weapon presets after researching FN GMP400 LCC and FN RMP LC modifications have been fixed.
- For some helicopter machine guns, their belts have been updated to modern ammunition. (report)
- AIM-9D / AIM-9G — G tolerance has been increased to 18G.
- J-4, J-2 — a bug has been fixed due to which it was possible to activate the bomb sight after take off, when using OFAB-250 bombs.
- Hornet Mk.III — modification “150 octane fuel” has been added.
- SAAB B17B – A bug which caused duplication of suspended weaponry presets on the aircraft has been fixed (report)
- He 219 A-7 – A bug where the armour on the right engine differs from the left one by 1mm has been fixed.
- B6N1, B6N2, B6N2a — a bug has been fixed that prevented the protected fuel tanks from being repaired.
- Ki-45 otsu, Ki-45 hei — a bug with missing module “compressor” has been fixed.
- P-61C-1 — a visual display of the broken left propeller has been fixed. (report)
- P-40F-5 — a bug has been fixed that prevented the protected fuel tanks from being repaired.
- Mi-28N — angles of aiming, locking and tracking the target have been corrected. (report)
- B6N1, B6N2, B6N2a — incorrect warning about the cockpit placeholder has been removed. (report)
- Mi-28N — Armour has been reworked.
- A bug has been fixed for some bombers with an inconsistency of the number of gun stations to the number of gunners.
- Localization issues have been resolved for some aircraft modifications.
- Correct bomb load images have been implemented to the suspended weaponry menu for the following aircraft:
- Potez 633
- LeO 451 early
- LeO 451 late
- Horizontal stabilizers have been split into two parts on the damage model for the USA, USSR, German, French and Chinese aircraft, as well as helicopters. Now if part of a stabilizer is damaged, it will rip off instead of destroying both parts. The remaining nations (Britain, Japan, Italy, Sweden) will be added later.
Flight Model changes:
- G8N1, Ki-49 (all modifications), P-39 (all modifications), P-40 (all modifications) — The flight model has been updated. Engine operating modes have been clarified. The distribution of fuel across tanks has been corrected. The polars of the wings, fuselage and propeller blades have been recalculated and updated. The behavior of the aircraft when releasing mechanization has been clarified.
- H8K (all modifications) — The flight model has been updated. Engine operating modes have been clarified. The distribution of fuel across tanks has been corrected. The polars of the wings, fuselage and propeller blades have been recalculated and updated. Seaworthiness has been improved. Takeoff and landing have been simplified.
- Sea mines — lifetime has been increased to 15 minutes. Mine ammo stowages have become unreplenishable for all vessels armed with mines. I.e. the ability to drop mines once in a battle.
- Detection distance for mines and torpedoes has been increased. Enemy torpedo detection range now depends on the vessel’s size and height and approximately equals to:
- boats – 100-200m
- destroyers – 400-500m
- Cruisers, battleships – 600-700m
- Enemy mines might be detected at distances approximately half of the above listed.
- Allied torpedoes and mine detection distance is double of the above listed.
- Now, if the guns did not have time to aim at the aiming point, and the player switches weapon group, the guns continue aiming at the point where the player was aiming. Works with disabled target designation for AI gunners.
- Ammo storage for all ships with the depth charge stocks have been removed. At the same time the spare charges remained on racks near the mortars.
- 100-mm/70 SM-5-1 gun (Chapaev, Sverdlov, Zheleznyakov) — remotely fused AA shell ZS-56 has been changed to ZS-55.
- Imperatritsa Maria, Poltava — characteristics of the 450mm torpedo (1912) have been corrected.
- IJN Agano — fire rate of the 80mm/60 Type 98 gun has been corrected to 25 rpm. Two triple-barreled 25mm guns have been removed from the superstructure.
- Aquilone — AI fire on aerial targets has been corrected. Fire distance and accuracy have been increased. A bug with the reduced distance limit of the main guns has been fixed.
- Ognevoy, Tashkent — number of first order shots have been increased to 24.
- For AP shells of the 152 mm/47 Mk.16 and 203-мм/55 Mk.14 cannons (USS Cleveland, USS New Orleans) the parameters of the frontal resistance have been corrected which leads to the changes in the armour penetration.
- HMS Invincible — stern torpedo launcher and torpedo ammo rack have been added.
- HMS Dreadnought — stern torpedo launcher and torpedo ammo rack have been added. Positioning of the bow torpedo launchers has been corrected in accordance with blueprints.
- USS Baltimore — elevation angles have been corrected for 40mm Bofors guns.
- USS Baltimore, USS Helena — Mk.46 semi-AP round has been added for 127mm\38 Mk.12 guns.
- HMS Liverpool — remote fuse rounds have been added for 152mm and 102mm guns.
- RN Pola, RN Zara, RN Trento — overestimated spread has been corrected for 203mm/53 Ansaldo mod.1927 and mod.1924 guns.
- Frunze — a bug has been fixed that prevented a full ammo rack of 45mm rounds.
- SMS Von der Tann, SMS Helgoland, SMS Kaiser — one torpedo has been removed from the side torpedo launchers.
- SMS Von der Tann, SMS Helgoland, SMS Kaiser — one torpedo has been removed from side torpedo launchers, where “spoon” tube covers have been installed. Spare torpedoes have been moved to stowages.
- PT-109 — Unnecessary modification with depth charges has been removed.
- The damage model of destroyers has been changed and now corresponds to a “cruiser” form. The hull is divided into compartments responsible for flooding and housing the remaining modules. The crew is located in several internal compartments, from where it can be replenished into crew-carrying modules.
- Explosive armour Breach – Explosive armour Breach has been implemented for naval battles for all high-explosive projectiles with an instant fuse. When the shell detonates on an obstacle, the explosion penetration will be checked. And if it is sufficient for a breach, a gap in the obstacle will be breached into which gases and a sheaf of debris will rush. This allows optimization of the number of calculations for explosions on the armour and leads to a unified calculation of the force and damage of fragments and sectors of their dispersion. HE shells have become more effective in hitting modules and crew inside the ship if they have enough blast penetration.
- On all large ships the damage model of open gunnery and units with open shields has been redesigned. They are now more susceptible to damage from close bursts and shrapnel.
- Unnecessary holes appearing on naval vessels have been removed. Holes will only appear on the hull of the ship.
- A bug with the probability of detonation of a vessel’s own torpedoes has been fixed. The chance that the torpedo will detonate when it is destroyed is now 3-7% (depending on the conditions of destruction). There is also a small chance of detonation when a torpedo is exposed to a severe fire. If one torpedo detonates other torpedoes in the explosion zone may detonate under the same conditions. The probability will be checked for each torpedo individually. The force of the torpedo explosion depends on the type and quantity of explosives in its warhead and causes appropriate damage to the vessel in its radius. So a torpedo explosion in the launcher or in the cellar will not necessarily result in instant destruction of a ship, but it is possible. So is the chain detonation of all torpedoes affected by the explosion.
- Nurnberg — The shape and thickness of armoured belts and armoured decks have been fixed. The armour of bow cellars, barbettes and the deckhouses have been fixed. Armour on rangefinder posts have been added. Location and number of ammunition cellars has been corrected. Gun shields have been added for six twin-barrelled 20mm guns.
- SMS Kaiser — A bug that caused the 150mm artillery shells to be unavailable in a battle has been fixed. 88mm cannons have been moved to the anti-aircraft weapons group.
- IJN Ikoma — Armour of the main calibre turrets has been fixed.
- IJN Tone — 50mm rings have been added to the armoured deck above the cellars inside the barbettes.
- Krasny Krym, Krasny Kavkaz, HMS Kent — Excessive roll on turning has been corrected.
- HMS Southampton — The shape and location of the fuel tanks has been corrected. Armour thickness and materials have been corrected for barbettes, side armour on ammo stowages, and main calibre turrets.
- Syonan — Location and size of ammunition, fuel tanks, engine room have been corrected. Ammunition elevators and a visual radar model have been added.
- IJN Kiyoshimo — The model of the superstructure and funnel to permit rotation for the first torpedo launcher of 360 degrees have been changed.
- Kerch — Incorrect weaponry in the vehicle card has been fixed. Two spare torpedoes have been added. Incorrect specifications of torpedoes mod. 1910 have been fixed.
- HMS Liverpool — armour thickness and materials have been corrected for barbettes, ammo stowages, and the deck.
- USS Brooklyn, USS Helena — incorrect armour thickness on the main calibre turrets have been corrected.
- RN Trento — size, number, and positioning of the fuel tanks have been specified.
- USS Cleveland — thickness of the rear armour of the main calibre turrets has been changed.
- IJN Hyuga — gaps in armour, between armour belts and casemates of the 150mm guns, have been removed.
- T22, T31, Leipzig — armour shields for 20mm guns have been added.
- Anton Schmitt (Type 1936) — armour shield for quad-barreled 20mm guns has been added.
- PT-6 — a bug has been fixed that prevented the water pump from repairing.
- Type 1936A — display of the tip for depth charges in the x-ray mode has been fixed.
- IJN Isuzu — inconsistency of the speed in the info card and in battle has been fixed.
- PC-451 — displaying ammo stowage and water pump tips in the x-ray mode has been corrected.
- Zheleznyakov, Sverdlov, Chapaev, HMCS Haida — an issue with internal modules outside the hull has been solved.
- USS Helena – conning tower armour has been removed in accordance with historical data.
- A bug with the display of turret rotation when viewed from a distance has been fixed for the Soviet armoured boats. Turrets turning onboard were displayed in the stowed position.
- Sparks for all hit effects have been optimized and unified.
- The trajectory of falling shells now continues to be highlighted (if this option is enabled) when switching weapon groups after a shot.
- Visibility of naval shell tracers has been improved.
- “Rosomacha”, “Yenot” — A bug that made it impossible to place a decoration on the deck has been fixed.
- Poltava — The display of the tarpaulin cover of the third turret of the main calibre turret has been fixed.
- HMCS Brantford (Flower Class (K-218)) — The location of the navigation lights has been fixed.
- PT-15 (Type 11) — Display of the antennas when looking at the boat from distance has been fixed.
- USS Fletcher — A bug with the radar antenna hanging in the air in destroyed state has been fixed.
- Leipzig — stern superstructure model has been fixed. Ship’s model has been applied in accordance with the state of the ship before wrecking with Prinz Eugen in 1944.
- HMS Hawkins — layout of the ammo stowage on the main calibre guns have been fixed.
- HMS Dido, HMS Arethusa — visual layout of the number and positions of the engines has been changed to reflect historical accuracy.
- IJN Agano — central superstructure has been fixed.
- RN Pola — stern anchor, missing in the 1941 configuration, has been removed.
- RN Turbine, RN Aquilone — ship names in gold letters have been added to the stern.
- HMNZS Leander — a bug with a missing deck part on the bow end has been fixed.
- USS Aylwin (Farragut (DD-355)) — the engine room has been reworked in accordance with blueprints.
- RN Geniere — destroyed bridge casing visuals have been fixed.
- Karl Galster, Anton Schmitt — excessive rudder blade has been removed.
- SF40 Leichte — a bug with the mis-allocation of ammo stowage to guns near where they are located, has been corrected. Previously, some guns were replenished from the stowage located on the opposite side.
- IJN Kako — depth charges have been removed from the x-ray mode on modifications without them.
- JDS Yūgure (DD-184) — transcription of the name and number has been corrected. Ship name has been added to the stern.
- Effect of the shell blast in the air has been reworked.
- Comandanti Medaglie d’Oro — Ship’s name has been fixed. Instead of the series Comandanti Medaglie d’Oro the ship has received the name Commandante Margottini.
- Ship names in the research tree, vehicle cards and in the battles have been changed. Some ships have received their own names. Some have received new designation numbers or an indication of the series or class. State naming has been redesigned according to the historical period. For example Italian ships from the monarchy period have received the letters RN as a prefix to the name. The following ships have received new names and titles:
- Type 1934a(1944) – Z15 Erich Steinbrinck
- Type 1934a(1940) – Z12 Erich Giese
- Type 1936(1941) – Z22 Anton Schmidtt, 1940
- Type 1936A(mob) – Z32
- Type 1936b – Z43
- S-100 (1944) – S-100
- S-100 (1945) – S-147
- Type М(1943) – M-802
- Pr.7U – Soobrazitelny, 1943
- Pr.159 – SKR-1
- Pr.35 – SKR-7
- Clemson (DD-336) – USS Litchfield
- Clemson (DD-213) – USS Barker
- Farragut (DD-355) – USS Aylwin
- Town(L45) – HMS Churchill
- G class – HMS Grafton
- N class – HMS Nepal
- K class – HMS Kelvin
- J class – HMS Jervis
- Battle (D14) – HMS Armada
- Battle (D37) – HMAS Tobruk
- Tribal – HMS Eskimo
- Hunt (L71) – HMS Calpe
- Hunt (L79) – HMS Brissenden
- Dark(FPB 1101) – Dark Adventurer
- Dark(FPB 1102) – Dark Aggressor
- Isles class – HMS Liscomb
- Flower class – HMS Brantford
- River class – HMS Spey
- SGB(S309) – SGB Grey Goose
- SGB(S304) – SGB Grey Fox
- Type Brave – Brave Borderer
- Desynchronization of the aiming marker from the crosshair in the binoculars when aiming on move has been fixed.
- Crew member roles, different from their main, have been added to the x-ray mode.
- Delay for cannon elevation guidance has been removed in naval battles.
- Default shortcut for the keyboard for the ranging shot has been added – L.Ctrl + LMB
Economy and research
- Rank VII has been introduced for aviation. New max BR is 11.0.
- Br for the following aircraft has been changed from 10.7 to 11.0:
- F-4E Phantom II
- Phantom FGR.2
- Phantom FG.1
- F-4EJ Phantom II
- Mirage IIIE
- Rank changes:
- F-4E Phantom II — moved from rank VI to VII
- A-7D — moved after AV-8C from rank VI to VII
- MiG-21MF — moved from rank VI to VII
- MiG-21SMT — moved from rank VI to VII
- MiG-21bis — moved from rank VI to VII
- Su-17M2 — moved from rank VI to VII
- Yak-38 — moved from rank V to VI
- Phantom FGR.2 — moved from rank VI to VII
- Phantom FG.1 — moved from rank VI to VII
- Harrier GR1 — moved from rank V to VI
- AV-8A — moved from rank V to VI
- F-4EJ Phantom II — moved from rank VI to VII
- F-104G — moved from rank VI to VII
- F-5A — moved from rank VI to VII
- Mirage IIIC — moved from rank VI to VII
- Mirage IIIE — moved from rank VI to VII
- J35D — moved from rank VI to VII
- F-4F Early — moved from rank VI to VII
- Bf 109 G-2 — moved to rank IV.
- Br for the following aircraft has been changed from 10.7 to 11.0:
- Meteor F Mk.8 Reaper (Premium)— Purchase cost has been changed from 8090 to 8380 GE.
- Harrier GR.1 (Premium) — Purchase cost has been changed from 8910 to 9090 GE.
- G.91 R/4 (Italy, Premium) – Is now available for purchase with GE.
- M3A3 Stuart (China) and M5A1 Stuart (China) — Have been grouped.
- M24 (China) — Has been moved to the position after the group with Light Tank M3A3 Stuart (China) and Light Tank M5A1 Stuart (China).
- Chi-Ha Kai (China) — Has been moved to rank II.
- M4A4 (China) and M4A1 (75) W (China) — Has been moved to the lineup after the T-34 (1943) (China).
- Т-34-85 Gai (China) — Has been moved to rank IV.
- The required number of vehicles to unlock the next rank in the Chinese research tree for ground vehicles has been changed:
- On rank I: 6 —> 5
- On rank II: 5 —> 6
- On rank V: 4 —> 5
- Changes in the German ground forces research tree:
- Pz.IV G — has been moved to rank II.
- The BR range of ground vehicles has been expanded to 11.0 BR. MBT’s with BR 10.7 have been moved to BR 11.0.
- List of vehicles that receiving change because of BR changes in all game modes:
- Challenger 2 (2F) — 11.0
- Leclerc S1, S2 — 11.0
- Leopard 2A5, 2A6 — 11.0
- Strv 122A — 11.0
- Strv 122B PLSS — 11.0
- Ariete PSO — 11.0
- Type 90, 90B – 11.0
- M1A2 – 11.0
- Т-72B3 — 10.7
- Т-80U — 10.7
- Т-90А — 10.7
- ZTZ99 – 10.7
- List of vehicles that receiving change because of BR changes in all game modes:
- SGB Grey Fox and Fairmile D (697) — Switched places in the research tree.
- USS Northampton — Has been moved to rank IV. Research cost has been changed from 610.000 to 360.000.
- MERDC camouflage schemes for late US ground vehicles have been updated.
- New MERDC “Red Desert” and “Summer Verdant” camouflage schemes have been added for late US ground vehicles.
- New MHN and MAN three-colour camouflage schemes have been added for German ground vehicles..
- Winter single-colour camouflages of USSR, Germany and USA have been updated.
- Deforming paint schemes for the late Swedish tanks have been updated.
- Tiger H1 — “One color grey camouflage” has been added for purchase with Golden Eagles.
- Finnish pattern set for IiO 90M (Sweden) has been added.
- New award for ground vehicles has been added – “Firefighter” – granted for fire fighting assistance to an ally, a new game mechanic.
- Vehicle and mission type filter has been added to the mission creation in custom battles.
- Displaying of the heading angle from the attack direction has been added to the protection analysis view in the hangar.
- In protection analysis you may now use exact rounds from belts of automatic cannons.
- The mechanics of firefighting assistance has been added to ground battles. The ability to extinguish fires for all allies is available for light tanks and by playing in a squad you can help with it for any squad member regardless of the player’s vehicle (like repair). In order to assist, the ally must not be able to fight fire themself – no FPE module on the vehicle or it is out of supply. By extinguishing fire the player will spend one of their own FPE units.
- The mechanics of commander’s sight has been added for some ground vehicles of ranks IV-VII. The list of pre-configured vehicles (will be updated as mechanics are added to other vehicles)
- USA: HSTV-L, M103, M1128, M1A2 Abrams, M247, M3A3 Bradley, M41A1, M47, M48A1, M60, M60A1 (AOS), M60A1 RISE (P), M60A2, M60 AMBT, M60A3 TTS, M901, Magach 3, MBT-70, Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2B, Merkava Mk.3D, T54E1, T92, T95E1, XM-803.
- Germany: Begleitpanzer 57, SPz BMP-1, Gepard, JPz 4-5, KPz-70, Leopard 1A5, Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 2K, Leopard 2 PL, Leopard A1A1 (L/44), C2A1, Leopard I, Leopard A1A1, Marder A1-, mKPz M47 G, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super, Jagdtiger, Radkampfwagen 90, JaPz.K A2, Class 3 (P), TAM, TAM 2C, TAM 2IP.
- USSR: BMP-1, BMP-2M, IS-3, IS-4M, IS-7, IT-1, Object 120, Object 268, Object 279, Object 685, Object 906, PT-76B, SU-122-54, T-10A, T-10M, T-54 (1947), T-54 (1949), T-54 (1951), T-55AM-1, T-55A, T-62, T-62M-1, T-64B, T-64A (1971), T-72AV (TURMS-T), T-80B, T-80BVM, T-80U, Т-90А, Type 62, ZPRK 2S6, ZSU-23-4,ZSU-37-2.
- Britain: Centurion Action X, Centurion Mk.10, Centurion Mk.3, Strv 81 (RB 52), Centurion Mk.5/1, Challenger Mk.2, Challenger 2 (2F), Challenger 2, Challenger Mk.3, Chieftain Marksman, Chieftain Mk.10, Chieftain Mk.3, Chieftain Mk.5, Conqueror, Falcon, Striker, Caernarvon, FV4202, Warrior, Olifant Mk.1A, Olifant Mk.2, Rooikat 105, Rooikat Mk.1D, Rooikat MTTD, ZA-35, Stormer HVM, TTD, VFM5, Vickers MBT, Vickers Mk.7.
- Japan: M41A1, M47, ST-A3, STB-1, Type 16, Type 61, Type 74, Type 74 F, Type 74G, Type 89, Type 90, Type 90 (B).
- China: M48A1, M60A3 TTS, PGZ09, PT-76, PTL02, PTZ89, Т-62 №545, Type 59, ZTZ59D1, Type 62, Type 63-I, Type 69, T-69 II G, ZBD86, WMA301, ZTZ99.
- France: AMX-10RC, AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972), AMX-30 ACRA, AMX-30B2, AMX-30B2 BRENUS, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-32, AMX-40, AMX-50 Foch, AMX-50 Surbaissé, AMX-50 Surblindé, Leclerc, Leclerc S2, MARS 15, SK-105A2.
- Italy: Centauro, Centauro ROMOR, Ariete, Ariete (P), Ariete PSO, Centauro MGS, Leopard 1A5, M47 (105/55), M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, OF-40, OF-40 Mk.2A, OF-40 (MTCA), OTOMATIC.
- Sweden: CV 90105 TML, CV 90120, Strv 101, Strv 104, Strv 121, Strv 122A, Strv 81, Strv 81 (RB 52).
- The mechanics of using duplicate fire controls (a simulation of the commander’s use of redundant controls and ocular gunner sight periscope) by commander has been added for some ground vehicles of ranks V-VII. In case of loss of consciousness a gunner will retain fire control if this feature is in operation on the tank and the tank commander is also alive. The list of pre-configured vehicles (will be updated as mechanics are added to other vehicles):
- USA: HSTV-L, M1 Abrams, IPM1, M103, M1128, M1A1 Abrams, M1A2 Abrams, M247, M3 Bradley, M3A3 Bradley, M41A1, M47, M48A1, M551, M60, M60A1 (AOS), M60A1 RISE (P), M60 AMBT, M60A3 TTS, Magach 3, MBT-70, Merkava Mk.1, Merkava Mk.2B, Merkava Mk.3D, T54E1, T92, T95E1, XM8, XM-803, XM-1 (Chrysler), XM-1 (GM).
- Germany: Begleitpanzer 57, Gepard, KPz-70, Leopard 1A5, Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5, Leopard 2A6, Leopard 2K, Leopard 2 PL, Leopard A1A1 (L/44), C2A1, Leopard I, Leopard A1A1, Marder A1-, mKPz M47 G, M48A2 C, M48A2 G A2, M48 Super, Radkampfwagen 90, JaPz.K A2, Class 3 (P), TAM, TAM 2C, TAM 2IP.
- USSR: BMP-2, BMP-2M, BMP-3, T-72AV (TURMS-T), T-72B3, T-80U, T-80BVM, Т-90А.
- Britain: Challenger Mk.2, Challenger 2 (2F), Challenger 2, Challenger Mk.3, Chieftain Marksman, Chieftain Mk.10, Chieftain Mk.3, Chieftain Mk.5, Conqueror, Falcon, Warrior, Rooikat 105, Rooikat Mk.1D, Rooikat MTTD, ZA-35, TTD, VFM5, Vickers Mk.7.
- Japan: M41A1, STB-1, Type 16, Type 74, Type 74 F, Type 74G, Type 89, Type 90, Type 90 (B).
- China: CM11, M48A1, M60A3 TTS, PGZ09, ZTZ96A, ZTZ99.
- France: AMX-10RC, AMX-30, AMX-30 (1972), AMX-30 ACRA, AMX-30B2, AMX-30B2 BRENUS, AMX-30 DCA, AMX-30 Super, AMX-32, AMX-40, Leclerc, Leclerc S2, SK-105A2.
- Italy: Centauro, Centauro ROMOR, Ariete, Ariete (P), Ariete PSO, Centauro MGS, Dardo , Leopard 1A5, M47 (105/55), M60A1 “D.C.Ariete”, OF-40, OF-40 Mk.2A, OF-40 (MTCA), OTOMATIC.
- Sweden: CV 90105 TML, CV 90120, Strv 121, Strv 122A, Strv 122B PLSS, Strf 9040C, Strf 9040 BILL, Lvkv 9040C.
- The mechanics of range correction in the sight based on range measurement results with laser rangefinder has been added to ground RB.
- Torpedo speed multiplier in AB has been changed from a constant ‘equal to 3’ to a piecewise linear dependence on the traveled distance:
- Up to 4 km the multiplier is 3;
- From 4 to 8 km multiplier drops linearly from 3 to 1;
- Over 8 km the multiplier is 1.
- Tracked vehicles are now more controllable on turning and pivoting, inertia in the direction of the turn has been reduced, the turn ends faster when the turn control has been released.
- Thermal vision render has been improved, the picture looks more natural when using green or red channels.
- Nuclear blast effect has been updated. On “Maximum” and “Movie” modes you may now see the blast wave destroying buildings and environments. Blast wave details for other graphic modes have been reduced.
- New hit effects for the 206-480 mm shells have been added.
- New effects for artillery explosions in ground battles have been added.
- New effects when hitting red bricks have been added.
- Visual shot effect has been hidden in a naval vessels’s sight to improve visibility.
- FV4005 — The visual shot effect has been changed.
- New shooting effect type has been added for the 40 mm anti-aircraft guns.
- The time for smoke disappearing and its appearanve when aircraft bombs explode have been adjusted.
- Effects of fires and smoke on the ground have been reworked and improved.
- Erroneous night glow on some effects has been removed.
- The problem with low FPS while flying behind a burning aircraft has been fixed.
- All smoke trail effects on missiles have been changed.
- All aircraft fire effects have been changed.
- Sparks for all hit effects have been optimized and unified.
- Effect of bursting shells in the air has been updated.
- The trajectory of falling shells continues to be highlighted when switching weapon groups after the shot. To do this you need to enable the corresponding option in the settings.
- The visibility of naval shell traces has been improved.
- The sound of all ground vehicles guns, except for machine guns, have been reworked for third-person and gunner view with all allied and enemy vehicles. Powder blast is emphasized, while part of metallic sounds have been removed.
- Aircraft firing sounds have been improved, all shots now have increased density at low frequencies.
- New sounds of the vehicle tracks have been added for the ground vehicles produced in the 80’s and later. There are 4 types in total: tracks for main battle tanks, tracks for light tanks, tracks for amphibians, tracks for infantry fighting vehicles.
- Unique vehicle track sounds have been added for all enemy/allied ground vehicles in accordance with the sounds of the player’s vehicles..
- Authentic track sounds for the STRV103 series have been introduced.
- New sounds for the ATGM TOW system have been created – sound of a launching missile’s navigation system before launching and the sound of the missile firing.
- A new mechanism for the sound of ground vehicles falling onto the suspension has been added.
- The system for managing the sound events of explosions has been improved so that an excess of explosions doesn’t cause the loss of some important sound events such as enemy engines and track sounds.
- Explosion sounds have been reworked so that they now fade out more clearly with distance to a listener and do not create local oversaturated areas that could potentially begin to overload the game sound mix in the low frequency area or suppress the overall sound level.
- The global reverb system has been redesigned so as to improve the positioning of sound events and to make the game’s sound mix cleaner.
- Internal game sound channel routing has been redesigned for more correct sound reproduction on multi channel speaker systems.
- Overload of the game sounds on the consoles during an intensive battle and shots from the main calibre cannons on ships have been fixed.
- The sound of rapid fire anti-aircraft guns that was disappearing on consoles has been fixed.
- The sound design of several areas on the Seversk 13 location has been created in order to emphasize the atmosphere and mood of the location.
Changes and fixes for VR devices
- VR: The game now utilizes OpenXR. VR support has been reworked:
- Depth perception has been improved.
- Visual clarity has been improved compared to the previous implementation at the same supersampling levels. This also allows players to achieve similar quality at lower supersampling levels.
- The overall image quality in VR has been improved.
- TAA is now supported in VR (while the option was previously available in the UI, it had no effect in VR).
- DLSS is now supported in VR.
- There are now three options for in-game flatscreen mirror windows: both eyes (similar to the old implementation), left or right eye only (both adjusted to the window’s aspect ratio).
- Zoom axis now works across all cameras in VR, not just in cockpit view.
- Oculus ASW should now produce better results.
- GUI has been adjusted to require less head movement in VR to reach corner elements.
- Double vision and/or artifacts around close objects have been fixed.
- Incorrect lighting and shadowing of a fuselage when viewed from the cockpit have been fixed.
- Fighter Pilot Tutorial not being completable in VR has been fixed.
War Thunder is now out on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One platforms. For a list of other game changes and updates, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: War Thunder