Gaijin Entertainment has just deployed War Thunder Update 3.86 and we have the complete patch notes for your reading pleasure. The new update brings in some bug fixes and improvements to the game alongside changes to Aircraft, Fleet and Weaponry models as well.
The update is available globally on all supported platforms and is a mandatory download. You can take a look at the complete patch notes down below for more information about the update down below.
War Thunder Update 3.86 Patch Notes
Here are the complete patch notes for the update:
Improvements and fixes
- A bug has been fixed when, if a voluminous shell hits a cross section area of 3 or 4 armoured elements, a shell didn’t form fragments after penetrating the armour.
- A bug has been fixed where, when switching from commander’s sight to binoculars with “Save direction while switching current trigger” option enabled, the view in binoculars was directed to the east.
- A bug has been fixed that resulted in locking on enemies nearby the selected one with the “Automatic target lock” option enabled in Naval battles.
- A bug has been fixed that resulted in incorrect range correction at nearer distances in Naval battles: rotating down in some cases increased correction, rotating up decreased it.
- A bug has been fixed with missing grass on any graphic presets available on the Linux version.
Ground vehicle model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes:
- Chieftain Mk.10, Striker – “Late two tone” camo is now available for completing tasks, similar to other later British ground vehicles.
- ZSU-37-2 – NVD has been added for driver and commander.
- Type 87 – “Adjustment of fire”module has been added.
- M41A1 (SDF) – aiming speed of the anti-aircraft machine gun has been increased and brought in line with that of the M41A1 in the US branch (report)
- Type 60 ATM – crew number has been corrected in the info card. (report)
- Leopard 2K – rubber-fabric mudguards have been added to the damage model.
- Сromwell V (RP-3) – incorrect rocket depletion order in xray mode has been fixed.
- Merkava Mk.3D – description of the bulkhead between engine and combat compartments has been corrected.
- Vickers Mk.3 – gun depression angles over the engine compartment have been reduced.
- MLRS sight crosshairs have been specified after changes to the ballistic characteristics of rockets (devblog)
- 25mm M791 – initial velocity for the the M242 gun has been specified.
Aircraft model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- Pe-8 – icons in the secondary weaponry menu have been corrected for 100 kg bombs.
- Wfr.Gr.21 – explosives type display has been fixed in the info card.
- Hunter F.6 – the display of the protection caps on the empty rocket launchers for the twin SRAAM weapon preset have been fixed.
- AH-64DJP – the display of the launchers of the AIM-92 missiles have been fixed.
- Yak-30 – armoured backseat has been added.
Fleet model, damage model, characteristic and weaponry changes
- LÉ Orla – traverse speed of the main calibre turret has been fixed.
- Clemson type destroyers – AI shooting at aerial targets has been fixed. Parameters of the remote fuse for the 76mm HE remote fuse rounds have been corrected.
- HMS Armada, HMAS Tobruk – a bug has been fixed where 40mm mountings remained at maximum elevation.
Flight model changes
- AH-1z – improved throttle response and revs recovery with increasing propeller pitch.
- Scout AH.Mk.1, Wasp HAS.Mk.1 – the roll has been fixed when increasing speed in arcade battles
- Do 217 (all series) – a bug has been fixed with incorrect position of wheels on the front landing gear.
- Tu-1 – a bug with incorrect fuel loading has been fixed.
- MiG-23, MiG-27 – a dead zone in the yaw channel has been reduced when the automatic controls system is operating in the stabilization or damping mode
The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
War Thunder is now out for the PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: Gaijin Entertainment