Gaijin Entertainment has just released Update 4.01 for War Thunder and we have prepared the complete patch notes for you. The update comes out to address the peskiest issues faced by players such as respawn zone adjustments, counting rested planes as active, and much more.
If you have been looking for the patch notes of Update 4.01 for War Thunder, you’ve come to the right place. The update has been rolled out on all supported platforms and players can get their hands on it by a simple download. The size of the update, however, still remains a mystery but we will keep you posted as soon as we find out.
War Thunder Patch Notes: Update 4.01
Here are the official patch notes for War Thunder Update 4.01 available on all supported platforms:
In this digest we would like to tell you about our continuing work on improvements and fixes in the game. You can find information about all updates that have been released in War Thunder on the website special section.
Optimizing respawn zones
You have asked about this improvement in the comments to one of the previous digests when you reported more frequent collisions in the respawns. Embrace the improved respawn mechanics in tank battles!
Now allies who joined a little later or were delayed in selecting a vehicle will appear slightly behind those who clicked the “Battle” button in the respawn window earlier. In this way players will be less in the way of each other.
Rested and that’s enough
The earth isn’t a place where an aircraft can rest in the middle of the battle. Now players whose aircraft are not in the air will not be counted as active and sessions with such players will end with their defeat by timer (which previously meant the loss of all vehicles by the team).
At the same time the waiting time to return to the battle has been increased in the aircraft RB and SB as well as in helicopter AB.
Fixed the reloading on some ATGM’s
We are talking about the issue where even with no ammunition the turret of such vehicles like the M901, FlaRakPz 1, FlaRakRad and the Roland 1 spontaneously rotated to reload the launchers. Even when there was nothing to reload.
The bug has been fixed. But it is still recommended to take more ammo into battle and not forget to reload at captured points.
Bonus for the Xbox Live Gold subscription
Every month Xbox players with an activated Gold subscription will receive a special set: +40% RP booster for 10 battles, +75% SL booster for 10 battles and also 5 backup vehicles.
We wish you victory!
For this digest we have prepared a large set of useful fixes and game improvements. Be sure to read the full list which we have prepared in the separate changelog – there are many interesting things.
- M901, FlaRakPz 1, FlaRakRad, Roland 1 — a bug has been fixed where the turret automatically moved to the reload position after launching the last missile (despite the fact that there was nothing to load).
- ZPRK 2S6 — incorrect ammo capacity on 30mm guns after installing the 2S6M1 modification has been fixed.
- A-4E Early — cockpit view on the seeker camera and the sight camera have been changed from colour to monochrome.
- A32A — a bug has been fixed that permitted disabling the “Chaff” modification resulting in a disabling of the presets containing chaff. The number of bombs in the presets containing chaff has been corrected for the secondary weapon menu.
- Ka-29 — the number of displayed ammunition has been corrected for the 8x9M114 Sturm preset .
- AH-1G — zooming in the third-person view camera has been corrected for better aiming.
- AH Mk.1 — preliminary self-destruction of the HVM Starstreak missiles have been fixed (report).
- MPK Pr.201M — minimum vertical aiming limits of the RBU-1200 launcher have been reduced in the preset including mines.
- HMS Blackpool camera angle required to fire the Limbo mortar has been changed.
Changes to the calculation of the statistics points
- Ground vehicles in all ground gaming modes:
- The basic (with zero BR difference) number of points for destruction of the enemy has been increased: 180 → 200;
- The number of point for hitting the enemy has been increased: 15 → 20;
- The number of points for taking damage has been increased: 7 → 10;
- The minimum value of the multiplier of accrued points from the difference of BR of the player and the target by making critical damage, assist in the destruction and the destruction of the aircraft by using ground vehicles has been increased:
- For aircraft: 0.1 → 0.5;
- For helicopters: 0.1 → 0.3.
- Spawn points in ground battles now have sorting of player position by distance to nearest capture point. Positions will be assigned to players in accordance with the order they clicked the “To Battle!” button in the respawn window: first consecutively to last who will spawn behind them.
- The mechanics of counting active players that will be used to complete the mission when there are no players in one or both teams has been changed. Now players in aircraft that are not in the air will not be counted as active. It means that if there is only one player in the team in aircraft or helicopters that isn’t in the air so the timer will start after which their team loses due to lack of active players. At the same time the waiting time (timer) for active players in other modes has been increased:
- Air RB: 20 → 90 sec;
- Air SB: 20 → 300 sec;
- Helicopter battles: 20 → 120 sec.
- Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be getting a monthly +40% RP booster for 10 battles, +75% SL booster for 10 battles, and 5 universal backups.
- An issue with artifacts in aircraft battles on the Xbox Series has been fixed.
- A bug that might cause texture quality to drop on Xbox after a few battles has been fixed.
- A bug that might cause vehicle decals to shift on Xbox after a few battles has been fixed.
- Noticeable FPS drops or game crashes during battle on some maps ([Front Line] Mozdok, [Front Line] Ladoga and Drowned City) on the PlayStation 5 have been fixed.
- The critical game crash caused by selecting the wrong drivers in the system when running on Linux has been fixed.
The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: War Thunder