Crytek has deployed a brand new February 10 update to Warface and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The update covers new Valentine content and Sight reworks. That’s not all, players can also expect some bug fixes and general improvements heading into this update. Players can also expect to see the new PC Load optimization technology in this Warface February 10 update.
The total file size for this update is 6.5 GB which is larger than the regular Warface updates. The update is available globally on all supported platforms and players can expect to log in and play as soon as they complete the update. With that said, here are the details for Warface February 10 Update Patch Notes.
Warface Patch Notes: February 10 Update
Here are the complete patch notes for the Warface February 10 Update available on all supported platforms:
DYNAMIC TEXTURE QUALITY CHANGE
Texture Streaming is a technology that allows to optimize the load on the PC by dynamically changing the quality and size of loaded textures (instead of using the maximum one).
The choice of texture quality of an object will depend on how much space it takes up on the player’s screen. The overall graphics quality will remain the same, only the quality of remote objects will change. As a result, the overall game client performance will increase and the level loading time will decrease. Learn more about the technology in a video.
We’d like to remind you that the full integration of this technology requires updating a large number of game files. We plan to implement the transition in 4 stages so that you do not have to download the entire file archive at once. This update is the first step where we have only updated the weapon textures. Other elements will be updated later as well.
The update features redesigned sights for the primary weapons of Riflemen and Engineers, as well as pistols for all classes. They now have more realistic behaviour and a lens effect. In addition, now, while aiming, the image within the sight zooms in, without zooming in the entire screen.THE LIST OF REWORKED SIGHTS
The changes affected only the listed sights. In the near future, we do not plan to rework other scopes. We will inform you in the news about the plans to change the rest of the sights if they appear.
ST. VALENTINE’S DAY
A large part of the world will soon drown in Valentine’s cards and chocolate. We invite you to celebrate the most romantic day of the year in Warface and equip thematic gear and weapons of the brand new “Valentine” series!Previous
In addition, the game now offers festive achievements and a weapon charm – decorate your profile and guns with thematic items!
You can get the beautiful achievements, a unique charm, “Valentine” camouflages, and festive equipment in a special contract dedicated to Valentine’s Day.CONTRACT DETAILS
New contracts yielding powerful weapons of the seasons “Snowstorm”, “Origins”, and “Hidden War” as rewards have been added to the game. The tasks are simple, they can be easily completed by PvP and PvE fans.CONTRACT DETAILS
The contracts will be available for a month, and they are regular, meaning that you can finish them several times. Hurry into the battle – complete tasks and get cool rewards!
- Added thematic content: Inlay M48 Bowie Knife, a charm and an achievement pack (a mark, a badge and a stripe).
- Added eSports achievement pack and a weapon charm.
- Benelli Super Black Eagle 3: increased damage of the regular version (from 712 to 720) and that of the golden version (from 716 to 728).
- Barrett MRAD Mk22 (all versions): reduced penetration. The combat specs of the weapon are the same, it remains as powerful as before. Penetration only affects shooting through objects such as those made of metal and wood. The current specs of the weapon allow it to penetrate wooden objects, which gives players an unintended advantage of being able to shoot through popular player positions. Such characteristics differ from the standard of sniper weapons, so we bring them to their usual value.
- FB MSBS Grot (the old name MSBS Radon Custom): the weapon has been renamed.
- Updated localization: fixed some bugs, added translations, changed some in-game texts and descriptions.
WEAPONS AND GEAR
- Water Tiger Helmet: fixed a bug due to which the helmet overlapped with some Apostate vests.
- Water Tiger Tactical Axe: fixed a bug due to which the weapon icon was not centered.
- Salamander Set for Meds: fixed a bug due to which the protection against explosions did not work when using 5 pieces of the set.
- FB MSBS Grot (the old name MSBS Radon Custom): fixed a bug due to which the Smuggler’s Card and the golden version of the weapon were missing from the weapon box.
- Snowstorm Battle Pass: fixed a bug due to which rewards for reaching levels 37 and 45 had incorrect icons.
- Fixed a bug due to which the completion of some Special Operations did not count for the Battle Pass tasks and contracts.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.