Crytek has just released Warface Snowstorm Update, and we have the complete list of official patch notes for you to read. This massive update adds new weapons like the Barrett MRAD Mk22. It also makes tons of tweaks to various aspects of the game.
The latest update is currently live and rolling out on all supported platforms of the game. All the relevant information regarding Warface Snowstorm Update has been added in the next section. We don’t have the actual file size of this update yet.
Warface Patch Notes: Snowstorm Update
Here are the patch notes for Warface Snowstorm Update coming out on all supported platforms:
We have installed a new game version of the seasonal update “Snowstorm”. It features new content, weapon tweaks and reinforcement of the game defence system. We have also turned down the annoying sounds of fireworks on festive winter maps and fixed some bugs of the previous versions.
Barrett MRAD Mk22
The sniper rifle has a good set of perks – high base and minimum damage rates, as well as excellent damage multipliers to the body and limbs. This makes it very likely for its holder to one-shot even a well-equipped enemy. The advantages are offset by a very low hip-fire accuracy, strong recoil and low (compared to the closest competitors – CheyTac M200 Special, Alpine Special and AMP DSR-1 Custom) ADS speed.
The golden version has increased damage and a larger magazine.
We will tell you more about the ways of getting the weapon later.
- Added a set of achievements and a weapon charm of the Warface PRO season.
- Added thematic content: Carved Bone Balisong Knife, weapon charm and a set of achievements (mark, badge and stripe).
Reinforcement of the Game Defence System
- Now, spammers using double climb to end a game session early will be kicked from the match.
- Fixed a vulnerability that allowed launching the game client without the anti-cheat.
Tweaks to Weapons
- AUG A3 9mm XS Custom (all versions): increased rate of fire (from 755 to 760), increased minimum damage, reduced damage drop at a distance, reduced reload time, increased the weapon change speed and the ADS speed.
- AUG A3 9mm XS Custom (only the regular version): added the possibility to mount collimator sights Truglo and EOTech 553.
- Turned down the volume of exploding fireworks on festive winter maps.
- Modification system: improved mods display on the mod creation screen – now, there is one mod type in each column.
- In-game event: improved readability of the event timer. It is now located in the upper left corner of the event banner in the main menu interface.
- Fixed some reasons for game client crashes.
- Fixed a bug due to which the defence system could kick players from special operations if they fired from some types of shotguns.
- Hydra: fixed a bug due to which the incorrect amount of Battle Pass experience was given for completing the operation. Current values:
– 20 stages: 120 experience points (instead of 160)
– full completion: 200 experience points (instead of 160).
Weapons and Gear
- The repair values of the “Snowstorm” gear are now correct.
- Golden Ruger Mk IV Lite: fixed bugs due to which, after the player’s death, the pistol would be dropped, and could be picked up; its magazine and ammunition counters were missing, and kills made with the model did not count for the achievement progress.
- Fixed a bug due to which in the mod creation window, modifications that increase the rate of fire of shotguns could be displayed incorrectly.
- Festive S&W M&P R8: fixed a bug due to which the unique sight of the pistol was black.
- S&W M&P R8: fixed a bug due to which some elements of visual geometry were not displayed when using the festive camouflage.
- Tavor CTAR-21 Special “Tundra”: fixed a bug due to which some specs of the weapon were displayed incorrectly.
- KAC PDW, Quarter Circle 10 SMG Custom: fixed a bug due to which some attachments remained black when using the “Shroud” camouflage.
- Grand Power SR9A2 “Crystal”: fixed a visual error due to which incorrect specs were displayed for weapons in the Inventory and the shop due to the wrong model type.
- Quarter Circle 10 SMG: fixed a bug due to which the reload speed of the model was not synchronised with the technical values. In addition, sounds now match the reload rate and are not played after the weapon change.
- AS Val Custom: fixed a bug due to which, in the third-person view, the model was displayed with visual artefacts in the hands of the character in the Inventory or the shop.
- AUG A3 9mm XS Custom: fixed a bug due to which, when viewed from the third person in the menu, lobby or shop, the weapon sight was hanging in the air.
PvE and SO
- Swarm: fixed some reasons due to which beetles’ hits did not always deal damage to the player.
- Heist: fixed a bug due to which, in some cases, the SWAT Heavy Gunner did not reload the gun.
- Fixed a bug due to which, in some cases, Heavy Soldiers’ hits did not always deal damage to the player.
- Sunrise: fixed a bug that caused opponents to teleport after landing on a jetpack.
- Operation Blackwood, Heist: fixed a bug due to which the player could be kicked for inactivity while watching the cutscene.
- Fixed a bug due to which, after the end of the in-game event, the currency continued to be granted for completed matches.
- Fixed a bug due to which, after finding a match, the player who on the Shooting Range would return to the starting position (the one when entering the Shooting Range).
- Fixed a bug due to which, in some cases, the Private Room screen was not be displayed.
- Fixed a bug due to which the Apostate Cobray Striker Special stripe had an incorrect icon.
- Fixed a bug due to which the “Snowstorm” contract had an incorrect reward icon.
- Fixed a bug due to which a task of the “Sniper training” contract could not be completed in “Black Shark”.
- Fixed a bug due to which some Special Operations did not count towards the progress of some contracts.
- Fixed a bug due to which cells with missing mods in the mod menu were displayed incorrectly.
Work in Progress
PP-19 Bizon Custom
The arm is a new modification of the familiar Engineer weapon. The custom version boasts updated looks and a new set of specifications. The novelty will appeal to fans of continuous fire due to good damage, high rate of fire and increased damage multipliers. The main advantage of the submachine gun is a huge magazine that can take 64 rounds. The weapon will become a reliable ally in PvE missions and intense PvP battles!
Please note: the weapon specs will change in one of the upcoming updates.
We are glad to present a new weapon series with a sleek design. The weapon frames, as if carved from natural wood, are decorated with themed stickers reminding of shooting and hunting clubs. The series includes the new PP-19 Bizon Custom and the already familiar bolt-action rifle Mauser Kar98k.
We will tell you more about the ways of getting the weapons later.
Have a good game!
Warface is now out for the PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.