inXile Entertainment has just deployed Wasteland 3 Update 1.6.1 and we have the complete patch notes for you to read. The update brings in bug fixes to the Cheyenne Mountain, The Battle of Steeltown and Co-Op as well.
You will be able to download the update on all supported platforms (PS4 v1.25) We do not have the file size for the update just yet. However, you can find all the relevant information for Wasteland 3 Patch Notes: Update 1.6.1.
Wasteland 3 Patch Notes: Update 1.6.1 (Hotfix)
Here are the complete patch notes for Wasteland 3 Update 1.6.1 coming out to all supported platforms:
Grab that coffee and prepare to toboggan through a veritable gauntlet of post-apocalyptic patch notes! Hot on the heels of our second (and final) DLC’s release, we’re serving up a plate of fixes and tweaks that are sure to please. Now, what’s this 1.6.1 business we’re talking about?! What the hell happened to 1.5.4? Or 1.6.0 for that matter?! The simple explanation is that patch version numbers are meaningless and everything is meaningless and time is a flat circle. No matter. Drink more coffee. Maybe splash something extra in it.
Cheyenne Mountain (Cult of the Holy Detonation)
- Cheyenne Entrance:
- Updated a cryo landmine to let you avoid it more easily when interacting with a nearby chest. We agree, it was a cheap shot.
- If they die, Boris and Natasha will no longer return from the grave when saving and reloading.
- Research Level:
- Adjusted the pacing of the Particle Accelerator combat in the following ways:
- Increased the armor of the Particle Cannons.
- Reduced the max enemies that can be on the battlefield at one time while increasing the spawn rate of enemies to improve pacing.
- The encounter will spawn fewer zealots and evangelists, in favor of spawning more initiates.
- Security Level:
- Improvements have been made to Sister Strontium. She’ll pull you in from a more reasonable distance, and the guard there will do a better job of detecting you if called.
- Improvements have been made to Caul in the Security Level. You’ll no longer get detected by enemies while stuck in his conversation.
- The Holy Detonation:
- Resolved an issue where Cultists would occasionally spawn in spaces they couldn’t move out of.
- Improvements have been made to the final combat encounter; there’s now less chance of being boxed in by enemies while navigating that area.
- We’ve increased the movement speed of the final boss to make that encounter a bit faster-paced.
- Nuke Grenades now properly deal explosive damage. They should be MUCH more effective now.
- The Uranium Sprayer’s special ability now only sprays on enemies, reducing the chances of awkward situations with your squadmates.
- “Increased the volume of the Skin Flute” is a patch note I never thought I’d write but here we are.
- The crane cutscene in the Loading Dock encounter will now reveal the fog of war in a larger area, making it easier to see. When they said “make a cutscene” we didn’t mean it to be a literal cut scene.
- Fixed a bug where a certain party follower would lose their special status effect buff if you reloaded the game. Let the projectile vomit flow!
- The smashable wall in the Security Level now makes a sound when destroyed. Your smashing experience will now be significantly more satisfying.
- The song ‘Down in the Valley to Pray’ will now loop properly during the Research Level combat encounter.
- The song ‘Power in the Blood’ now plays properly in the Power Storage Facility encounter.
- The fog of war on one of the random World Map Cultist encounters will now reveal the map properly.
- The Proteus will now play the correct death animation if killed in the Observation Level. If you thought the Proteus was gross before, woo buddy…
- The Surge Blaster is now not so literal. We fixed an exploit in the final battle where using that weapon to stun a certain spawner could cause all enemies to stop spawning.
- Theo Curie now appropriately reacts to players’ radiation state, and will no longer acknowledge you as “glowing” when your party doesn’t have any stacks of Holy Radiation on them. Even brilliant scientists make mistakes, apparently.
- Fixed a couple of reactions from the stalkers who mock you throughout Cheyenne Mountain.
- [Controller] Fixed a bug where an invisible switch was accidentally accessible to a player while using a gamepad in the Loading Docks.
The Battle of Steeltown
- We resolved an issue that could result in an infinite friendly turn during combat with the Ghost Gang at Steeltown’s Exterior. ‘Infinite friendly turn’ sounds like a beautiful state to be in, but it’s really not.
- [Consoles] We resolved an issue that could cause a player’s game to freeze when the partner left the game unexpectedly.
- We resolved an issue that was preventing the guest player from creating the Flesh Prince in the Cheyenne Mountain secret lab. Sounds harmless enough.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: inXile Entertainment