The Whirligig Saw was a fan favorite weapon in Bloodborne. It dealt a lot of damage and staggered almost any enemy you can find in the game – except for a few bosses of course. Due to its unique design and….even more unique weapon skill, the weapon was dubbed as the “Pizza Cutter” by Bloodborne fans. This weapon, just like other weapons in the series has become an iconic weapon in the eyes of fans and it seems From Software have managed to find a way to insert this weapon in Elden Ring.
The Pizza Cutter or “Ghiza’s Wheel” as its called in the game, is a relatively simple weapon to find if you’re on your way to hunt down Shardbearer Rykard in Mt. Gelmir. The weapon can be found as soon as you reach Volcano Manor. Simply go up the starts and fight an NPC Invasion who will drop the Ghiza’s Wheel upon death.
Elden Ring is a massive game that has a vast open world and tons of secrets. There are so many things to find that even if you spend hundreds of hours, you still won’t be able to find everything. However, recently some players have found the fan-favorite weapon. With that said, let’s dive right in and take a look at how to get the Pizza Cuter in Elden Ring.
How to Get Elden Ring Pizza Cutter / Ghiza’s Wheel
In Elden Ring, the weapon is called the “Ghiza’s Wheel” and is classified as a Colossal Weapon. The good thing is that this weapon is extremely easy to obtain. You can collect it in relatively early game but you will have to do some fighting. With that said, let’s take a look at how to get the Pizza Cutter in Elden Ring:
- Head to Altus Plateau as early as you can.
- Make your way west from Altus until you get to Mt. Gelmir.
- Climb up the ladder beside the two Iron Maidens that are fighting the Soldiers.
- Ride your way into Volcano Manor.
- Upon entering the Volcano Manor, go up the set of stairs you see left to the Queen of Volcano Manor.
- Fight and kill the invader, Inquisitor Ghiza.
Once you defeat him, he will drop this weapon which you can loot off of his corpse. This weapon requires Strength and Dexterity so make sure that you put enough points in each stat. If you want to get a head start with this, picking the Vagabond class will give you a decent amount of points in Strength and Dexterity.
How to Get to Volcano Manor:
The first way to get to the Volcano manor is to walk – or ride – there. However, that can take some time since it is located at the top left of the map. Players will have to make their way through a lot of difficult areas and enemies, this is mostly fine if you’re on your first playthrough. However, there is an easier way in which you can reach this place if you’re in a hurry.
- Once you reach the Liurnia of the Lakes area, head over to the Scenic Isles.
- From there, make your way East, and you will come across an NPC in the tower.
- Talk to her and she will ask you to retrieve her necklace from a nearby person.
- Once you receive the quest, go North of the Scenic Isle and you’ll come across a desolate shack. The NPC will be standing in front of the shack. Talk to him and you can either kill the NPC or buy the necklace from him.
- Get the necklace and give it back to Rya – the NPC at the tower.
- Now, she will appear at the first grace site at Altus Plateau, in a ruined building.
- If you speak with her, she will ask you to join her clan. Agree to it and she will teleport you to the Volcano Manor. This method is easier and much faster than directly going to the area.
And this is how you can quickly access Volcano Manor as early as soon after beating Godrick, the Grafted. We do highly recommend making your way into Volcano Manor later into the game as its a mid-late game area.
What are the Advantages of Ghiza’s Wheel? Is it Worth it?
Ghiza’s Wheel is a superb weapon and a must have for Strength builds. For a colossal weapon it has relatively decent speed and deals extremely high damage. It has a relatively normal heavy attack that can be charged to make further use of the wheel. Its also one of the very few Colossal weapons, if not the only one, that can cause high bleed build up making it even more powerful due to how effective Bleed is in Elden Ring.
By far the most standout attack of the Ghiza’s Wheel however, is its weapon skill. It works almost exactly like it did in Bloodborne, you basically turn the Ghiza’s Wheel into a lawnmower while walking towards enemies to deal continues damage. Coupled with the high bleed stack of this attack, players can melt even the strongest enemies of this game using this attack at the right time.
In terms of stats the weapon is no slouch either. The weapon boasts high base base damage with a +10 Ghiza’s Wheel doing 382 Base AR without scaling. What’s also unique and somewhat of a drawback about this weapon is that even at +10 it has a C scaling in both Strength and Dexterity. To get the most out of this weapon, I highly suggest running a Quality build that focuses on both Strength and Dexterity.
For example, my Ghiza’s Wheel at 65 Strength and 32 Dexterity deals makes for a total of 382 damage through scaling. Combined with the base 382 damage of the weapon itself, my Ghiza’s wheel has a total AR of 764. On my NG+ playthrough this weapon is a one-shot machine capable of felling entire bosses in a manner of seconds.
That’s how you can get the infamous pizza cutter in Elden Ring. We would love to hear your thoughts about the weapon. Do you like it? Was it as exciting as you had hoped it to be? Let us know in the comments below and tell us about your thoughts on Elden Ring.