As FIFA 22’s release date is approaching, many players are trying to get their hands on the game as early as possible. EA has confirmed that the game would be released on October 1 and players can’t wait to ditch their previous iteration for the new game. Fortunately, there is still a way you can use to play FIFA 22 for free, a week before the official release using EA Play Early Access.
EA Play Early Access offers users to play the game for free before the official launch. Previously EA has set the playtime to be around 10 hours before the release of their titles, however, EA has doubled the playtime for FIFA 22, allowing you to play the game free for 20 hours.
How to Download FIFA 22 and Play for Free
The EA Play Early Access feature allows the users to get acquainted with the game while also helping the developers to clear up bugs and flaws in the gameplay. Check out how you can play the game completely free before the official release date.
EA Play and Origin Access members are allowed to download and play the game from September 22, enjoying up to 20 hours of action. However, you can only get the Free Trial along with 10% off your pre-order (if you decide to buy) if you are subscribed to EA Play through PC, Xbox, or your Playstation.
Usually, the subscription costs $4.99 USD per month or $29.99 USD for the year. However, EA has currently rolled out a sick deal in which you can get the subscription for less than $1 USD in order to play the pre-release version.
How to Subscribe to EA Play
Use the following steps to signup for EA Play :
- Head over to the EA Play website
- Select “Join Now” in the top right-hand corner
- Choose carefully which platform you will be playing on as your membership will only apply to a single platform
- Select your payment method (monthly/annually)
- You will then be taken to your platfroms relevent store to complete the purchase
Xbox users can note that subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate instead would be more cost-effective and useful. EA Play games on both Xbox and Windows can be downloaded at no extra cost as part of Game Pass Ultimate, perfect for both platforms’ owners.
EA Play Pro is also an option for PC players, which often provides early access to brand new games.
How to Download FIFA 22 Pre-Load
If you’re boasting a subscription follow these simple steps on your relevant consoles to access the game for free:
- Go ahead and select the Games Home menu
- Select your pre-order of FIFA 22
- Wait for the countdown to expire and pre-load the game from there
- Press the Xbox button on the controller
- Select My Games and Apps
- Head over to your library and then select All purchased games
- You can download FIFA 22 from there
- Head over to Steam/Origin Library (where you purchased the game)
- Open the game’s page and download the early access from there
How to Use your Play-time Efficiently
If you are interested in getting the most out of your 20 free hours of gameplay, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Remember, your gameplay clock does not start before you turn on the game!
- You can see your remaining time in the bottom right corner of your game’s homescreen
- Always close the game manually whenever you’re done playing as it will burn up an extra couple of minutes while closing automatically
- We would also recommend playing Squad Battles as it would have the least match finding time
- Use the FUT 22 Web App to build your squad and opening welcome backpacks as they would just consume your gameplay time otherwise
This is all you need to know to download and play FIFA 22 days before its official launch date. A key detail to know is if you have pre-ordered the FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition, you can download and start playing the complete FIFA 22 four days in advance, on September 27.
Do let us know your expectations for the ’22 version of the game in the comments below!