WWE 2K22 is finally out for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Steam. The game has received positive reception from characters for its new and improved gameplay as well as its significantly improved, next-gen visuals. It’s part of the long-running WWE series that started way back in 2011 and has consistently produced a new game every year with the exception of 2021.
Bautista has always been one of the most famous wrestlers in all of WWE, and the latest outing in the series again lets you play as the wrestling legend, however, while in previous games Bautista could be unlocked using the in-game Virtual Currency, in WWE 2K22 you will have to defeat Bautista in a showcase match in order to unlock him.
WWE 2K22: How to Unlock Bautista
To unlock Bautista, you will have to defeat him in a showcase match. The showcase match involves you doing a few certain objects but don’t worry as they are very simple. For new players, the game even offers detailed instructions that you can use in order to win the Showcase match.
Related: How to Unlock All Arenas in WWE 2K22
After beating Bautista you will be able to unlock him alongside an alternative costume for him as well. This also unlocks a new version of Rey Mysterio from SmackDown 2009.
How to Beat Bautista’s Showcase Match:
Beating Bautista is relatively simple as you just to have follow the on screen instructions, here is a step by step guide on how to do so:
- For Objective 1, Press Square/X four times to perform a light combo.
- Run towards Bautista while pressing L2/LT and press the Square/X or X/A button
- While facing Bautista, press the Square/X button.
- Keep attacking Bautista until the bar fills up outside the ring.
- Press the “Square, X, X, X” or “X, A, A, A” to perform a heavy combo.
- Start running towards Bautista while pressing L2/LT and press the Circle/B button.
- For Objective 7, Press Square, Square, Circle or X, X, B to perform a Grab Combo.
- For Objective 8, Irish Whip Bautista in one of the corners and turn your right stick to lift him and make him sit on the turnbuckle and then perform a light attack on him.
- While Bautista is stunned, you can climb on top of the turnbuckle (once your special bar is filled up) and hold the R2 button and press the Triangle button(PlayStation) or hold the RT button and press Y(XBOX). After you jump off the turnbuckle, you will have to perform 2 QTEs.
- After knocking down Bautista, you can press the R2 / RT button to climb the apron and then hold the L1/LB button and press the Square/X button to perform the springboard attack.
- Press the Circle/B to initiate a grapple and then press the X/A button along with it while keeping your left stick turned in any direction. You have to be inside the ring while you are doing this.
- While Bautista is stunned, and you have your special meter full, you can press the hold R2/RT button and then press the Square/X button to perform the 619.
- Make sure to be inside the ring while you are doing this. Press the Circle/B button to initiate a grapple and then press the X/A button along with it while keeping your left stick turned in any direction.
And that’s how you can beat Bautista’s Showcase match!
For more helpful guides on all things gaming-related, keep an eye out for our guides section!