Aliens: Fireteam Elite was just released earlier today and we now already have a list of known issues and problems from Cold iron Studios. Some of the issues with the PC version of the game on Steam were identified just before the launch, so the developers have already posted a workaround to the issue and we know a fix will be coming out in a future update.
Set in the iconic Alien universe, Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a cooperative third-person survival shooter that drops your fireteam of hardened marines into a desperate fight to contain the evolving Xenomorph threat. There has been no day one patch for the game, but it is good to see the developers already highlighting an known issue with a workaround to fix it.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Known Issues
Here is an official list of all the Aliens: Fireteam Elite known issues, revealed by Cold iron Studios, as of updated on August 29, 2021:
Crash on Game Saves Because of Steam Profiles
Issue: Steam Profiles which contain special characters can create saves which crash on load.
UPDATE: This issue has now been fixed.
Workaround: The developers have found that Steam profile names with special characters, including the trademark symbol and bullet (™, •), make save files which crash the game upon loading. If you are affected by this then you will be able to create a character, but will be unable to enter the game’s hub area (the Endeavor hangar). If you do manage to access the Endeavor, then you are not affected by this issue.
The developers are aware of this issue and already have a fix that we will make available as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try these workaround steps:
- Change your profile name to not contain symbols and characters which cause this bug.
- Shut off cloud saves using the Steam properties for the game.
- Delete the save game found here: C:\Users\<USER NAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Endeavor.
- Restart “Aliens: Fireteam Elite” and create a new character.
- Once you’ve entered the first map successfully, you may turn on cloud saves and change your profile name back if you wish.
Some PlayStation players aren’t automatically granted their DLC items
Some PlayStation players are not being granted their pre-order or Deluxe edition items automatically. The developers apologize for the inconvenience.
The developers are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try these workarounds:
- If you preordered the Standard Edition, then open the PlayStation Store from your console, search for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, then under the game’s DLC, manually download the Hardened Marine Pack. This should be a free download for you, and after it installs you will have access to its contents in-game.
- If you preordered the Deluxe Edition, then you can follow the above steps and also download the Endeavor Veteran Pack.
- Note: if you have the Deluxe Edition and are able to download the Endeavor Veteran Pack… don’t worry! Once the Endeavor Pass DLC Packs become available, they should be granted automatically to you.
Screen displays rapid white flashes on Xbox consoles
The developers are aware of an issue where players on Xbox may encounter a situation where the screen rapidly flashes white. This is an unintended effect and seems to be triggering for players using screens with a refresh rate above 100 Hz.
The developers are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try this workaround:
- Try using a different monitor with a refresh rate below 100 Hz, and/or set your monitor to a refresh rate below 100 Hz.
More known issues:
Here is a list of some of the known issues that the developers are still working on:
- “Cannot join game” matchmaking errors.
- Charge based abilities don’t benefit from Cooldown Reduction Perks.
- Automatic weapons gunfire sound can sometimes get stuck on a loop.
- Some players are not being awarded the Specialist Elite Kit Skin appropriately upon reaching Rank 8.
- Difficulty setting doesn’t save after a mission failure if the group is found through matchmaking.
As always, we’ll be providing you with complete information about the patch notes for Aliens: Fireteam Elite as soon as they are released with the above fixes. You can report bugs and other issues in the official discussion community. Are you facing an issue other than the ones mentioned above? Let us know in the comments down below!
Aliens: Fireteam Elite is now out for the PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox series X/S platforms. If you want to learn more about game news and patch notes, make sure to check out our Patch Notes section.