Apex Legends has recently launched Season 7 – Ascension and alongside it introduced a lot of weapon changes including buffs and nerfs. Respawn Entertainment have also come up with new and exciting changes to many of the game’s guns and have added the new Quickdraw Hop-Up and tweaked around with the premise of Supply Drops. Today, we’re going to be looking at the weapon changes in detail.
Apex Legends is a rapidly expanding multiplayer first-person battle arena ‘that revolves around the idea of high mobility and quick fights with relatively shorter matches than most of their competitors.
Apex Legends Season 7 Buffs and Nerfs
Season 7 has had a lot of hype surround it. Apex Legends players will finally be trying out a new map and a new legend. The game’s first vehicle is also now available to use as well. The gun changes are the most drastic so expect to re-learn some of your memorized recoil patterns and play the game from a different meta in the coming weeks!
Season 7 Buffs
Apex has focused on re-working weapons that were somewhat irrelevant and integrating better mechanics into already existing weapons. Here are the Buffs for Season 7.
- LSTAR has a new recoil pattern that kicks horizontally at first and then settles into a relatively consistent upward recoil. Players who feather the trigger will be able to keep the LSTAR in the good portion of the recoil pattern.
- LSTAR venting time after letting go of the trigger has been reduced 0.4s -> 0.15s.
- LSTAR will now reduce heat faster when not overheated — 1.15s from 99.9% to 0% charge if not overheated, still 2.45s if overheated.
- Recoil pattern updated. It will now kick up, then right, then left, then up and again.
- Has an amplified damage effect rather than just hurting an enemy’s shields.
- Energised base damage increased from 70 to 88.
Season 7 Nerfs
Apex Legends has nerfed guns which were extremely overpowered in certain situations. This has led to two guns being directly nerfed in the game.
- Increasing horizontal recoil of the first 3 shots slightly to the right (first burst when in burst mode)
- Increasing recoil magnitude in the later stages of the pattern
- Reducing headshot multiplier 2.0 -> 1.75 (44 -> 39 damage headshot against no helmet base character)
- Fire reduced from 1.3 to 1.2
These are all the nerfs and buffs made to guns in Season 7 of Apex Legends. Here is quick gameplay reveal of Apex Legends Season 7
Season 7 is expected to go live on Wednesday, November 4 at around 8 PM PT / 11 PM ET.
Leave a Reply