Here is a list of the most common Back 4 Blood known issues and their workarounds, if available. Back 4 Blood is now out as a full release on all the platforms, and just like any new game, this one also has several issues and known bugs that developers want to fix as soon as possible. A number of bugs here have already been fixed, and now some new ones have been found since the launch of the game.
Back 4 Blood is now available on the PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S, and almost all the issues we have discussed below apply to all the platforms. The team behind this game has been very active with rolling out patches and fixing server-side bugs, but there are still that require workarounds, that have been mentioned in the notes below.
Back 4 Blood Bugs and Known Issues
Here is an official list of all the Back 4 Blood known issues, revealed by Turtle Rock Studios on their official Trello board. This list has been updated as of October 14, 2021:
Fixes Coming Soon:
- Fix for Doc, Hoffman, Jim, and Karlee not unlocking in Solo Campaign
- User’s secondary weapon is unloaded after transferring to any map in game.
Note: The above mentioned bug fixes will be shipping with the very next patch that will roll out for the Back 4 Blood players. Make sure you keep a look out for the “A required game patch is available” message in the game. Check out our archive for all the Back 4 Blood patch notes and game updates that are released.
Active / In-Progress Issues:
- Solo Campaign Progression
Investigating enabling earning of Supply Points and Achievements while playing Solo Campaign.
- Matchmaking stability
- Uneven Swarm matches
- Add streamer-friendly mode
- Ultrawide monitor improvements
- Too many Cleaners in Campaign
Sometimes players can end up with 6-8 Cleaners in the game, more than the 4 maximums.
- Dropping out of matches and reconnecting causes primary weapon to disappear
- Applied Ultimate Edition Cleaner and Weapon Skins reset to Default Skins when signing back into game with that same character.
- After Chapter completion, usernames sometimes appear with numbers in them.
- Dying while using ADS will make the player respawn having the effect of the ADS zoom.
- Ping on Intel Folder pickup doesn’t say “card here.”
RELATED: Looking to optimize graphics settings for the best performance? Check out our guide here: Best Graphics Settings for Back 4 Blood.
- Text size on cards not ideal for most TVs.
We are currently working on ways to increase text sizes for readability on TVs when playing on console.
- Player’s name in Rescue Pod displays as bot’s name.
- Finding secret-interactable accomplishments are not being unlocked within the in-game accomplishments list despite being triggered as fulfilled in-game. Note: Achievements are unaffected and still work.
- Could spawn 3 of the same Ridden class if picked all at once in Swarm.
- Failsafe for matching into a Swarm game where the other team leaves/disconnects
- Players who quickplay into a match will load with: no copper, base amount of ammo, and with basic weapons.
- Player can sometimes quickplay into finale maps right at the end.
- Model moves erratically when crouching/hitting the punching bag in Fort Hope.
Open Beta Issues (Old):
Here is an official list of all the Back 4 Blood (Open Beta) known issues, revealed by Turtle Rock Studios, as of updated on August 14, 2021:
- The bots in my game get stuck on the minigun.
- We’re investigating this issue; we will address it before launch!
- Bots do not assist the player in certain situations.
- We know of several bugs causing bots to not assist players if they get pinned by special Ridden. We are actively working to roll out improvements to bot behaviors at launch.
- I get kicked back to Fort Hope while I’m in Blue Dog Hollow: The Sound of Thunder.
- This may have been due to a server crash we deployed a fix for; most instances of this should now be addressed.
- Disconnected from the server/when joining a party match.
- We fixed an issue server-side that should address most instances of this.
- I can’t join my friends/we’re experiencing crossplay issues.
- Please ensure everyone in your party has the same crossplay settings enabled (all on or all off).
- How do I change my display name?
- Players are not able to change their display name at this time.
- I can’t drop my weapon attachments.
- Players are not able to drop attachments from their weapons at this time.
- Guns sometimes double fire.
- We are aware of the issue and will fix this for launch.
- Names of players to be rescued are displayed as bots.
- We are aware of the issue and will fix this for launch. Rest assured it is still your same party member you need to rescue, even if the display name shows differently.
- I’m getting a TRS Online Platform error.
- We’re currently investigating it at this time. If you are playing the game from a wifi connection, you can try to switch to a wired connection to address this.
- Joining the game late and taking over a bot results in the loss of a primary weapon.
- This issue will be fixed in time for launch!
- Two different Ridden growls played simultaneously unintentionally sound like racial slur
- There is a known issue where several Ridden growl sound effects are randomly combined by the system in such a way to create what sounds like an offensive slur. While unintentional, we take this very seriously and are profoundly sorry for any hurt or harm this may have caused. This issue will be fixed prior to launch.
- PvP game continues after the enemy team leaves.
- This issue will be fixed in time for launch!
- “Your group doesn’t meet requirements.”
- Add any friend to your party, then open Preferences and you should be able to change ‘Private Campaign Lobby’ to off.
- I’ve encountered a Fatal Error during Bad Seeds that leads to my game crashing.
- Please make sure your drivers are updated and that you meet the recommended system requirements for this game. If issues persist, please submit a bug and we will look into it.
- I’ve encountered a crash when my language is set to Danish on PS4/PS5.
- Please change your language settings to English. After you are in Fort Hope, you may change your language settings back to Danish.
As always, we’ll be providing you with complete information about the patch notes for Back 4 Blood as soon as they are released with the above fixes. Are you facing an issue other than the ones mentioned above? Let us know in the comments down below!
Back 4 Blood is now out for the PC on Steam and Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms. If you want to learn more about game news and patch notes, make sure to check out our Patch Notes section.
Leave a Reply