Elden Ring features many unique and hard-to-beat bosses in its open world. Some can be a nightmare to take down while others can be skipped entirely. While it is better to defeat the boss once and for all, the difficulty level can still make fleeing look more reasonable. A boss can pop up anytime in the open world of Elden Ring.
However, we will be showing you a quick and easy-to-follow guide on beating one of Elden Ring‘s bosses. If you have just started playing Elden Ring then chances are that you will be stuck on fighting Margit the Fell Omen. Therefore, do not worry and let us show you a complete breakdown of this boss. In case you didn’t know, you can easily skip this boss altogether, follow this: How to Skip Margit, the Fell Omen.
Who is Margit The Fell Omen?
Margit is the first major boss present in the Elden Ring. You will be finding it just near Stormveil Castle. Since Elden Ring has been developed by none other than FromSoftware, it is natural that the boss will be extremely hard to deal with.
Unfortunately, Margit is not an optional boss. This means that you will have to defeat it at all costs if you want to proceed with the Legacy Dungeon. Here is the first line you will hear when he is awakened:
“ Foul tarnished, in search of the Elden Ring. Emboldened by the flame of ambition. Someone must extinguish thy flame. Let it be Margit the Fell!“
Related: How to Summon Spirits in Elden Ring
Margit is classified as a Greater Foe in Elden Ring. While multiplayer is allowed for this boss, there is nothing more fulfilling than taking it down with your own hands.
How to Defeat Margit The Fell Omen
Mainly, there are two kinds of playstyles that are effective on a boss like Margit. If you are a Melee player, then get ready as this is going to be an extremely tough fight that will require you to perform your utmost.
Beating Margit The Fell: Melee
While you might have it harder than other classes, it is not entirely impossible to defeat Margit. Heed to the tips mentioned below and you should have a decent chance at defeating it:
- Margit has long chains of attacks, therefore make sure to dodge instead of guard if possible. Use your block sparingly and you should be good to go.
- Utilize your summon: Lone Wolf Ashes in order to build up a consecutive combo on the boss. Margit can be put in the staggered state at her early phase so make sure to build up on as much free damage as possible while you still have the chance.
- Go for a tankier build rather than one that deals more damage. This is mainly because it will boil down to a war of attrition between you and Margit. Therefore, make sure you have enough HP to last till the end.
- It goes without saying but you will need to bait it to attack then dodge it till the combo is exhausted. You will have a small window to weave your attacks in so leverage it as much as possible in order to succeed!
- Margit can extend combos if you are within the hit range. Therefore, make sure to maintain a certain distance between you and Margit. There will be a leaping hammer attack so don’t let your guard down even if you are not in its range.
- Don’t push your luck. You will only be able to attack once at most after the end of a combo. Take what you get and dash out before the second series of attacks arrive. Don’t be too greedy and have patience.
If you follow the steps above, you should be able to defeat Margit even as a melee class.
Beating Margit The Fell: Ranged
While Range users and Magicians have a relatively easier time beating Margit than a Melee class, it is worth noting that a single mistake can still cost you dearly. Here are the tips for ranged classes in Elden Ring:
- If you are a shortbow user, then make sure to always keep your distance since a single mistake can cost you a massive HP loss. The shortbow class has no Shields so make sure to protect yourself.
- Margit has different attack patterns. Some are aggressive while others are passive. These patterns have no clear identifier. However, if you can wait for Margit’s attacks to slow down then there will be a big window to land your hits.
- Beast Claw and Glinstone Stars work wonders against this boss. Therefore, try to use them if you get the chance.
- You can also use Lone Wolf Ashes just like the Melee class to maximize your damage output. Make sure to not get too greedy since ranged classes usually have less HP than a melee one. This means that you will get punished more for every mistake.
Once you have defeated Margit, the following dialogue will initiate before Margit integrates into nothingness.
“I shall remember thee, Tarnished. Smould’ring with thy meagre flame. Cower in Fear. Of the Night. The hands of the Fell Omen shall brook thee no quarter“
How are your battles with Margit The Fell Omen going so far? Have you managed to win? If so, please feel free to share any tips you have for defeating it. We will add them to this list!