Pre-orders for Call of Duty: Vanguard have just been announced! There are multiple editions of the game ranging from the Standard to the Ultimate, Cross-Gen Edition, and Bundle. We’re going to be explaining the difference between all of these and which one you should get.
All of these pre-orders grant you early access to the Vanguard Open Beta while also presenting you with some perks and benefits as well. All of these perks are exclusive to pre-orders and will not be available after the Open Beta starts!
When pre-ordering a Standard, Cross-Gen, or Digital Ultimate Edition, you receive these rewards:
- Early access to the Call of Duty: Vanguard Open Beta
- Night Raid Mastercraft Weapon Blueprint (Can be used in BOCW and Warzone immediately)
- Operator Arthur Kingsley
- Pre-load the game before launch
Digital Standard Edition (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
The Digital Standard Edition is available on the following platforms:
- PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC
- PS5 or Xbox Series X | S (backwards compatibility)
Standard PC Bundle
The Standard PC version pre-ordered via Battle.net provides you with the Standard Edition of the game. You do not need to purchase a Cross-Gen bundle unless you wish to play the game on console and on PC as well. If you do so, you receive the following reward:
- Five hours of Double Weapons Experience Points (2x WXP) for Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone, available when the game launches.
Standard Console Bundle
Playing the Digital Standard Edition of Vanguard on a PS5 or Xbox Series X | S is possible. However, you won’t be experiencing higher frame rates, graphical improvements, and shorter load times. Therefore, if you want to play the game on your PS5 or Xbox Series X | S, we recommend getting either Cross-Gen or the Ultimate edition.
Digital Cross-Gen Upgrade
If you end up purchasing the Digital Standard Edition, you can upgrade to the Cross Gen Bundle at any point allowing you to get access to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X | S next-gen versions of the game.
Digital Cross-Gen Bundle
The Digital Cross-Gen Bundle of the game allows you to play the game on multiple platforms and offers additional rewards over the Standard edition like the Frontline Weapons pack. Moreover, the Bundle also lets you play the game within the same console family.
There is no PC cross-gen bundle.
Digital Ultimate Edition
The Ultimate Edition of Vanguard provides you with even more rewards across BOCW, Warzone, and Vanguard when it ultimately releases. Some of these rewards are also available instantaneously. We’ve listed the details of each reward down below:
- Task Force One Pack with three Operator Skins and three Weapon Blueprints with Tracer Rounds
- Battle Pass Bundle (one Season Battle Pass with 20 Tier Skips)
- Frontline Weapon Pack
- Two Weapon Blueprints
- Shredder Submachine Gun
- Wildwood Submachine Gun
- Arthur Kingsley Operator (Will also be available for use in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone)
- Early Open Beta Acces: Pre-order any edition of the game before the Vanguard Beta and you will recieve early access to the open beta which will first come on the PlayStation
- Battle Pass and Tier Skips: Pre-order the Digital Ultimate Edition and recieve a Battle Bass Pundle which snsists of this Season’s Battle Pass which includes 20 Tier Skips
- Double XP:
- Pre-Order the Digital Cross-Gen Bundle or the Standard Edition on PC and recieve five hours of Double Weapons Experience Points (2x WXP) on Vanguard and Warzone
- Pre-Order the Digital Ultimate Edition on your console or PC and recieve ten hours of Double Experience Points (2XP) which consists of five hours of Double XP and five hours of double Weapons XP (2x WXP)
Currently, there are two disc-based editions of Vanguard available on both consoles.
PS4 / Xbox One
The Standard Edition includes the base game for either the PS4 or Xbox One and also plays on the PS5 or Xbox Series X | S via backward compatibility.
Note: You will be able to upgrade the PS4 version of the Standard Edition to the upgraded PS5 edition if you have a disc-ready PS5 system. However, the Xbox One version cannot be upgraded to the Series X | S
PS5 / Xbox Series X | S
The Standard Edition includes the base game and offers the next-gen upgraded version of the game with better graphics, shorter load times, and higher frame rates including other advantages.
- PS5: The PS5 version of the game only works on a console with a disc drive. You will need to purchase the Digital Editions for a discless PS5.
- Xbox Series X | S: Includes both the Xbox Series X | S and Xbox One versions of the game on the disc.
There are no physical editions of the game available on PC.
Are you excited about Call of Duty: Vanguard? What edition do you feel is the most worth it? Let us know in the comments section down below!