We’ve just gotten ahold of a lot more information about Call of Duty: Vanguard and both its Early Access and Open Beta releases. With two new game modes, a plethora of Operators, and new maps, here’s how you can download Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta for free on the PlayStation, Xbox, and PC.
Besides new game modes, we’ll also be experiencing a brand new combat system that involves a lot more pacing and dynamic maps that have specific structural weaknesses players can exploit. You can take a look at a quick overview of everything new you can expect from the Vanguard Beta down below.
What’s New In Call of Duty: Vanguard
Call of Duty: Vanguard brings in tons of new Multiplayer Game modes in the Open and Early Access beta. As of yet, this is the largest offering a Call of Duty game has had on its first day of release. Here’s an overview of the most notable features.
- New Game Modes:
- Champion Hill: Battle Royale Based Tournament (Solos, Duos, Trios)
- Patrol: Hardpoint inspired mode with everchanging objectives
- Previous Game Modes:
- Kill Confirmed
- Gun Game
- Combat Pacing: Class-based tactical loadouts that to control your pace.
- New Clan System: Emblems, individual Progression and Battle-Pass Rewards shared amongst your entire clan.
- Create-A-Class & Gunsmith: Upto 10 attachment slots on some weapons with thousands of new possibilities.
- Reactive Environments: Breakable weak points like doors and windows.
- New Cover System: Mounting, Horizontal and Vertical Movement alongside Blindfire.
- Operator Leveling: Earn XP per Operator to unlock specific cosmetics, skins and calling cards.
To get a better idea of what’s coming up, you can also take a look at a detailed overview of what the new game mode, Champion Hill truly is all about.
How To Download Call of Duty: Vanguard
As the release date for the Early Beta inches closer, more platforms will be able to pre-load the game so that players can enjoy as much time as they can actually experiencing Vanguard rather than staring at a download screen.
PS4 / PS5:
If you’ve pre-ordered the game or want to participate in the Free Early Access Beta, you can preload the game by heading on over to the PlayStation Store.
Pre Load Size
The game rakes in at approximately 8.490 GB on the PS5 and 12 GB on the PS4 depending on the region.
Xbox One / Series X|S:
Once you have pre-ordered the game, you can preload Call of Duty: Vanguard on the Xbox by going to the Xbox Store.
If you have purchased the game, you will be able to pre-load the game directly from your Battle.net client.
Vanguard Beta / Early Access Dates
Call of Duty: Vanguard will be available for PlayStation players first on Weekend One. After which the Crossplay window will open which will let players who pre-ordered the game on any platform play together. Finally, the Open Beta will be popping up on Weekend 3 allowing players to download and play the game for free.
Here’s a quick look at all the beta timings:
- PlayStation Early Access (Weekend 1): Sept 10 – Sept 13
- Crossplay Beta / PlayStation Open Beta (Weekend 2): Sept 16 – Sept 17
- Open Beta (Weekend 2): Sept 18 – Sept 20
Call of Duty: Vanguard Open Beta Time
The Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta will be starting off for PlayStation on Sept 10 at 10 A.M PST. All consequent Betas will also be starting and ending at the same time.
That’s all you need to know about how you can download and play the Call of Duty: Vanguard Open Beta. Will you be joining the battlefield? Let us know in the comments section down below!