Lost Ark has slowly become one of the most successful MMOs in the market after its worldwide launch back in February. The game had originally launched in South Korea back in 2019 with a global launch a few months ago. The game had a fairly successful launch and came out to great reception from critics as weeks went by.
One of the latest upcoming additions in Lost Ark is going to be in the form of a new class “Glaivier”. As the name implies, this class will be focused around using glaives and will be an advanced Martial Artist class. Being an advanced class, this is a fairly complex class to master which is why we’ve compiled this guide of all the information you need to know about this upcoming class in Lost Ark. We also have a detailed tier list of the best classes in Lost Ark, so once this one is released, we will update our tier list with the new information.
The Glaivier has a few unique mechanics that makes her standout from other classes in the game, for one her playstyle revolves around stance switching and dual meter. This makes it so that the Glaivier is capable of switching between two entirely different movesets. Here’s how it works:
Stance Swapping and Dual Meter:
The Glaivier has two distinct skill sets which can be swapped between— Focus and Flurry— with each stance and skill set represented by one of her two weapons. The shorter spear is used to unleash a furious barrage in the Focus stance, while the longer glaive harnesses the Flurry stance for gracefully lethal strikes and sweeping attacks.
While you can press [Z] at any time to swap weapons and change between the Focus and Flurry stances, the Glaivier’s specialty is her “Dual Meter”. Over time, and as you hit enemies with skills, your Dual Meter will charge, filling up three segments. When you swap, the meter energy you’ve accumulated will be used, granting increasingly powerful boosts corresponding to the meter level that you’ve reached. These bonuses are based on the stance you’re swapping to.
Swapping from Flurry to Focus:
- Dual Meter level 1 grants a 5% Move Speed bonus
- Dual Meter level 2 grants a 10% Move Speed and 10% Damage bonus
- Dual Meter level 3 grants a 15% Move Speed, 10% Damage, and 25% Crit Damage bonus
Swapping from Focus to Flurry:
- Dual Meter level 1 grants a 5% Attack Speed bonus
- Dual Meter level 2 grants a 10% Attack Speed and 10% Damage bonus
- Dual Meter level 3 grants a 15% Attack Speed, 10% Damage, and 25% Crit Damage bonus.
Furthermore, the Glaivier’s playstyle can be significantly altered when using Engravings. Using Engravings players can enhance or even outright remove the stance swapping mechanic.
As is the case for every other class in Lost Ark, the Glaivier also has two class-specific engravings that can vastly change the way she can be played. Players can choose between either the Pinnacle or Control engravings.
Continuing and enhancing the stance swapping nature of the Glaivier, the Pinnacle Engraving replaces the Dual Meter Stage 3 effect, granting increasingly powerful bonuses as you progress through the three levels of Engravings.
Not a fan of stance swapping, but still want to play the Glaivier? This is the Engraving for you. Control disables the Focus stance, but increases the damage of Flurry skills by 18% at level 1, 27% at level 2, and 36% at level 3. While you’ll have access to fewer skills, and no swapping for bonuses, this damage increase will help you pack a punch.
Additionally, players can wait for the April Update for the Feiton Powerpass. Upon completing the storyline of the Feiton Region players will get the opportunity to bring a fresh new character using that pass to that point of the game. This pass will be given to all players for free.
Having two entirely different movesets, the Glaivier has a vast skillset, all of her skills can be found below including both stances as well as her awakening.
Flurry Stance Skills:
- Double Strike – Strike with your spear 2 times, inflicting damage.
- Windsplitter – Strike with your spear in multiple directions, inflicting damage and pulling foes close.
- Stampeding Slash – Madly brandish your spear while moving forward, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a finishing blow that inflicts damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Wheel of Blades – Spin sideways, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a finishing blow that inflicts damage. Airborne foes hit by the spinning attack are launched in the air again, and then get slammed to the ground with the last blow.
- Flash Kick – Use your spear as a lever to advance forward, inflicting damage 3 times, followed by a strong kick that inflicts damage.
- Vault Stick – your spear in the ground and do a somersault, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air.
- Blue Dragon’s Claw – Move forward, inflicting damage, then spin your spear to inflict damage 6 times and retreat. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Half Moon Slash – Drag your spear across the ground while moving forward, inflicting damage 2 times, followed by a diagonal upward slash that inflicts damage. Hit foes are launched in the air.
- Chain Slash – Strike upward with your spear to inflict damage and launch foes into the air then slash with your spear while advancing forward, inflicting damage. Afterwards, slash 2 times in the opposite direction, inflicting damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Cutting Wind – Move forward past foes to inflict damage 3 times and return to your position, inflicting damage.
- Soul Cutter – Slide forward and swing your spear to inflict damage before immediately going back and crouching down. Use the skill again to charge forward and inflict damage 2 times, then quickly swing your spear to the left and right for one final strike that inflicts damage. Airborne foes are launched in the air again when hit.
- Raging Dragon Slash – Enlarge your spear and spin 360 degrees to inflict damage, knocking foes back.
- Spear Dive – Jump up and thrust your spear forward and inflict damage to nearby foes before performing a rotating kick attack that inflicts damage 4 times. Use the skill again to land at the target location, swing your spear, and inflict damage.
- Shackling Blue Dragon – Spin your spear where you stand and strike down with force, creating a shockwave that inflicts damage. Foes hit by this skill will see a decrease in Crit Resistance.
Focus Stance Skills:
- Spiraling Spear – Lower your stance and thrust your spear, inflicting damage.
- 4-Headed Dragon – Thrust your spear 8 times in front of you, inflicting damage, followed by a finishing thrust that inflicts even more damage.
- Thrust of Destruction – Gather energy onto your spear, inflicting damage to foes at close range, then thrust forward, releasing a beam of energy that inflicts damage while knocking foes back.
- Starfall Pounce – Jump within range of the target location and create a shockwave as you land, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air. You can change direction before you land.
- Dragonscale Defense – Block attacks from the front with your spear, negating damage in proportion to your Max HP. If you successfully block an attack within 1.1s, thrust your spear forward for damage 2 times.
- Red Dragon’s Horn – Hold the skill hotkey to focus your mind and gather energy, then aim and thrust your spear toward a foe within a 12 meter radius at a 90 degree angle, inflicting damage. Hit the perfect Zone to extend the attack range up to 16 meters, inflicting damage and knocking foes back.
Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Spear Meteor
- Perform an attack at the target location. Leap backward while facing forward, focus energy onto your spear, and throw it at the target area. The spear strikes the ground to inflict damage, then causes an explosion that inflicts damage, knocking foes back with the last hit.
Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Storming Red Dragon
- Focus your mind and thrust your spear in front of you to inflict damage, then pull it back, inflicting damage and pulling foes closer. Afterwards, swing your spear and inflict damage 5 times, followed by a series of thrusts that inflict damage 8 times. Move past foes and deliver a finishing blow, inflicting damage and knocking foes back.
For a detailed video demonstration of the Glaivier’s skill set, players can also check out the Advanced Class page for the Glaivier.
And that’s all you need to know about Lost Ark’s latest upcoming class. If you found this guide helpful, consider checking out our other content from our Guides Section!