With the recent release of Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles, a few fans have been complaining about the game being locked at 30 FPS. No matter how hard people have been trying, the frames will not go past this hard cap. This can be quite annoying especially if you have a high refresh-rate monitor and a rig to push those frames.
Therefore, we’ve searched far and wide to come up with a solution for gamers trying to enjoy a first-person take on their favorite anime. So stick around and let’s go through this step-by-step guide on how to uncap FPS in Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles.
Uncap FPS in Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles
Before we get into the guide, please note that this fix will only work for the offline playthrough of the game and the FPS will go back to usual when going online.
Now that we have gotten that out of the way, let us help our fellow gamers get back to their lives with a 120-144 refresh rate gaming experience. So without any further ado, let’s just right into it.
Related: Best Graphics Settings for Far Cry 6
Step By Step Guide
Again, this will only work for the offline playthrough so the first order of business is to ensure you are in offline mode.
- Navigate to your C Drive and find the “Users” folder.
- Open the “Users” folder, and find the folder with your username.
- Inside your user folder, look for the Appdata folder. (If you cannot see the folder, try viewing hidden items).
- Once inside the Appdata folder, open up the local folder.
- Find the folder named APK and open it.
- Once inside, open the ‘Saved’ folder, followed by the ‘Config’ folder, and then the ‘WindowsNoEditor’ folder.
- Inside the WindowsNoEditor, you will find yourself faced with various .ini files.
- Find the engine.ini, and open it using notepad.
- Navigate to the bottom of the file and paste,
- Changing the values of ‘MinDesiredFrameRate‘ and the ‘UpperBound=(Type=Exclusive,Value=60.000000))‘ will change your in-game FPS . For example, if you want 100 FPS, change the MinDesiredFrameRate=60.000000’ to ‘MinDesiredFrameRate=100.000000’ and ‘(Type=Exclusive,Value=60.000000))’ to ‘(Type=Exclusive,Value=100.000000))”.
- If you have followed the directions, this is what your file should look like,
After saving this file, you should now be able to pass the 30 FPS cap during your next offline gameplay.
So there you have it, a guide to uncap your fps in Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles. Did you find this helpful? If so, make sure to let us know in the comments below!
Leave a Reply