Humankind has just been released on macOS! Here’s how you can download the game on your Apple Device and also enable crossplay to enjoy the game with your friends on a Windows device.
The turn-based historical game definitely has cemented its ground against juggernauts like the Anno and Civilization series. With the game now finally coming to other platforms, a larger amount of players will finally be able to experience what truly sets Humankind apart!
Downloading Humankind on Mac
As of yet, the release is a beta version for the macOS and is not a full release. However, you can still play the game as normal. Here’s how you can get the game:
- After you’ve purchased the game, click on the Properties option of the game on Steam.
- Now, head on over to the Betas tab of the game’s properties.
- Opt into beta-mac_1.3.248 or whichever version is the most recent
Note: The beta still does not work on M1 chips. However, future updates will fix this problem. We’ll let you know once Humankind is M1 compatible on Apple computers.
How to Enable Crossplay Between macOS and PC / Windows
Humankind now supports cross-play between Mac and Windows. After getting the game set up on your Apple device, here’s what you need to do on PC to get the game up and running:
- Opt into beta_1.3.248 on your Windows device
- Make sure your Apple Device is on the same beta.
- You should now be able to play Humankind cross platform!
As of yet, there seem to be some issues with graphical assets not rendering properly when on crossplay. A quick fix, for now, is to just restart the game. The developers have already taken note of this and a fix will be deployed as soon as possible.
Are you going to be playing Humankind on your Mac? Were there any major bugs you came across in your play through? Let us know in the comments section down below.