The Shard of Alexander is one of the strongest talismans in Elden Ring, especially for players who are focusing on their Ashes of War or weapon skills as it greatly boosts the attack power of your skills.
To find the Shard of Alexander, players will have to finish Alexander’s questline which can be started in Limgrave and spans a major portion of the game as one of the early objectives in the quest requires you to beat one of the toughest bosses in the entire game.
How to Complete Alexander’s Questline in Elden Ring:
Just like a lot of the other NPC quest-lines in Elden Ring, Alexander’s quest-line is also very elaborate and spans a major chunk of the game taking the player from Limgrave to Caelid, Liurnia and more. Here are all the steps you need to follow in order to complete Alexander’s questline in Elden Ring:
- Alexander’s quest can be started near the Saintsbridge Grace in Limgrave. He’ll be stuck in the ground and to free him you have to hit him a few times and he’ll be out. After that, talk to him and exhaust all his dialogue, in which he will tell you about the Radahn festival in Redmane Castle.
- After this you can later find Alexander near the Rear Gael Tunnel Entrance, exhaust all his dialogues to continue the questline.
- After that you have to make the journey to Caelid and find Alexander in Redmane Castle and beating General Radahn. (We highly suggest continuing into Stormveil Castle and going through Liurnia and starting the questline for Ranni The Witch before doing this as it will make the entry to Redmane Castle a lot simpler)
- General Radahn is also going to be the toughest boss you’ve faced up to this point and beating him is mandatory for continuing a few NPC questlines in Elden Ring including Alexander.
- General Radahn is an utterly brutal boss fight, using all the summons as soon as you enter his arena is highly recommended as he has a lot of health and deals insane damage. His attacks also have a lot of reach and are also hard to read. If you’re feeling brave enough he can also be beaten Solo but we don’t recommend it if you’re under levelled and still on your first playthrough. If you want to get him down as soon as possible he’s also VERY weak to Scarlet Rot and Magic attacks.
- After you beat General Radahn you can find Alexander near the Grace in his arena. Talk to him and exhaust all his dialogue options. (There is also going to be another NPC there provided you were also following Ranni’s Questline)
- Once you beat General Radahn now you can either head to Siofra River or Liurnia of the Lakes.
- The Siofra River can be found through a well in Mistwood in East Limgrave, head down the elevator and make your way past the enemies to find the Siofra River Bank Grace. From there head to the center of Siofra river to find a wooden structure that you can climb using a ladder, make your way across and drop down at the end to find a merchant.
- The merchant will sell you a Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook  which will let you craft an Oil Pot with Melted Mushrooms. Melted Mushrooms can be found all over in Nokron, the Eternal City.
Related: Elden Ring Stormfoot Catacombs Guide
- Head to Liurnia of The Lakes and you can find Alexander in the Carian Study Hall and just like the first time, he’ll be stuck to the ground. Throw one of the pots you crafted at Alexander and hit him a few times to free him again.
- You will be able to continue this questline again much later in the game after going to Mt. Gelmir. He can be found near Fort Laeidd but be careful as you’ll have to fight another Magma Wyrm boss to make your way through. Fortunately this fight is pretty easy.
- After beating the Magma Wyrm go through the Lava using Torrent and further away you’ll find Alexander again. Talk to him to continue the questline.
- Now as you’re nearing the endgame, make your way to the Mountaintops of the Giants. There you will have to beat one of the best bosses in the game, the Fire Giant. You will also be able to summon Alexander for this fight if you’ve followed this guide correctly.
- After beating the Fire Giant and climbing the giant Forge, make sure you’ve done everything you can up to this point. Once you select that you’re ready you’ll then be transported to Farum Azula.
- Naturally make your way through the area until you arrive at the Dragon Temple Lift. Head Southwest and up the fallen tower to encounter Alexander one last time and finally finish his Questline. This will give you the Warrior Jar Shard and the Shard of Alexander.
And that’s how you can obtain the Shard of Alexander in Elden Ring!
We hope this guide helped you out, for more helpful guides stay tuned for more content from our Guides Section!