Several players playing WWE 2K22 have so far reported issues with the game’s lack of sound or audio in the game. In this guide we take a look at some of the possible fixes you can try in order to fix this. WWE 2K22 just released today and the game hasn’t launched in its most polished state as players have reported a myriad of technical issues from constant crashing to poor servers, You can also try checking out some of our other content dealing with the issues currently present in the game.
WWE 2K22 came out today for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, XBOX Series X/S and Steam. The game has received positive reception from characters for its new and improved gameplay as well as its significantly improved, next-gen visuals. Its part of the long running WWE series that started way back in 2011 and has consistently produced a new game every year with the exception of an year long hiatus in 2021.
Fixing Sound / Audio Issues in WWE 2K22:
Facing issues with no sound or audio playing while you’re out there wrestling in the ring? Worry not, follow our easy to understand step by step guide in order to fix any potential issues that might be causing that.
Changing Language Through Steam:
This method requires you to re-select the language for your game through the Steam Properties, To do this:
- Head to Steam>Library
- Look for WWE 2K22
- Right click on the game, then click Properties
- Go to Language and select your desired language.
- Force-select the language even if its already selected.
- Restart your Steam Client.
This method will most likely fix any sound/audio related issues in WWE 2K22.
Related: How to Contact WWE 2K22 Support
Update the Default Format For Speakers:
You can also try changing the bit-depth and sample rate of whatever audio playback device you are currently using. Try the following steps in order to do that:
- Right Click the speaker icon on your Windows Tray.
- Click on Sounds.
- Open the playback tab and select your desired output device
- Right click on the output device and select Properties
- Go to “Advanced”
- Change the default format to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)
Another thing to make sure of is to turn off Spatial Sound or Windows Sonic as these can cause sound related issues on various systems.
Change the Volume Mixing:
Sometimes an inconsistency in Volume Mixing can also cause difficult sound issues to arise.
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right tray.
- Select Volume Mixer
- Set the volume for “WWE 2K22” is set to Max.
Update Your Audio Drivers:
Another thing that can be causing a sound/audio related issue in WWE 2K22 is that your audio drivers might be causing an issue. To fix this:
- Open Device Manager.
- Select Audio Inputs and Outputs.
- Under this category, right click on your drivers and select “Update Drivers”.
- Select “Search Automatically”.
- The PC will now restart and your drivers will be updated.
There you go! That’s all the fixes you need to fix any sound or audio related issues in WWE 2K22. For more helpful guides, follow our Guides section!