Age of Empires 4 has been facing various server outages since launch and players are unsure of how to check the official server status of the game. It can be tricky to identify if the problem is originating from the server itself or your own gaming system is at fault.
The game has gained massive popularity with about 74k concurrent players in its first week of launch. However, this number puts a strain on the game’s servers, causing them to crumble under high pressure. So, before making any assumptions about your gaming system, it’s better to have a look at the official server status of Age of Empires 4.
Checking the Server Status of Age of Empires 4
Servers can go down due to various reasons, which can include regular Server maintenance or crashing under high load from users. However, before rushing over to restart your internet router, it’s best if you take a look at the official Server Status of Age of Empire 4 Servers to find out if all is okay from the developer’s ends.
How to Know if AOE 4 Servers Are Under Maintenance
If you’re looking for in-game signs, here are a couple of indications that the Servers are under maintenance:
- Matches in progress when the maintenance window begins will be disrupted.
- You will be able to launch the game during Server maintenace, however you will not be able to access Matchmaking or any other online featured Age of Empire 4 offers.
How to Check Server Status Externally
Here are a couple of ways to find out if Age of Empires 4 Servers are up and running:
- Check out the Official Twitter Page of Age of Empires 4 as it keeps players updated with any present/upcoming Server outages. The Twitter account recently posted about a scheduled Server Maintenance on November 3, 2021 (5 PM ET / 21:00 UTC).
- You can also head over to various Age of Empire 4 forums where Server outages and maintenance downtimes are instantly informed by the community or developers themselves:
- You can also head over to SteamDB to have an idea of how many players are currently playing the game. If you see a substantial dip in the graph, it may be possible that the servers are actually down.
- It may also be possible that Steam or Xbox servers are down instead of Age of Empires 4 Servers. Here’s how you can check if your gaming platform is at fault:
If you’ve figured out that Age of Empires 4 servers are down, you can always head over to their community forum and help out your fellow comrades! Expecting to play AOE 4 with a friend from another platform? Check out if the game supports cross-platform play or not!