Dead By Daylight players have been facing a message prompt indicating Error Code 8012, ceasing their access to the game. The error code primarily originates due to network failures, preventing your Dead By Daylight to connect with online services.
This pesky error code can stem from server outages, planned maintenance, network problems, or even due to Easy Anti-Cheat settings. If server outages and planned maintenance are out of the picture, you might want to repair your network and Easy Anti-Cheat settings.
Fixing the 8012 Error Code
Ordinarily, the Error Code usually arises due to server issues from the developer’s ends. However, you can rule out any server problems by heading over to Dead By Daylight’s Downdetector webpage. If the servers seem to be up and running, you can continue on with the following solutions:
Checking Home Network
Here are a couple of steps you can take to make sure you’re network is up and running. You can also grab a quick Speedtest to know you’re current internet speed. You’ll be needing at least a 5Mbps download speed for uninterrupted gaming.
- Restart your PC or gaming console
- Move your gaming rig nearer to your router, or better; use an Ethernet connection
- Turn on any VPN on your gaming system
Flush your DNS
This fix is only for PC as it requires implementing a basic DNS Flush in order to clear up any corrupted connections between your PC and Dead by Daylight servers.
- Open your command prompt through the Windows Search bar
- Finally, type “ipconfig /flushdns” to refresh IP entries
Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
Easy Anti-Cheat is popular for causing a ton of error codes in Dead by Daylight. Here’s how you can repair or completely re-install your Easy Anti-Cheat software:
- Enter the Dead by Daylight installation folder and search for the EasyAntiCheat folder
- Enter the folder and run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe as administrator
- The software will guide you through the proccess of installing or repairing Easy Anti-Cheat
- Restart your computer in the end for the changes to take effect
We would recommend keeping an eye out for your Easy Anti-Cheat software as it is also known to be a culprit for Error Codes 14 and 15. Did this guide resolve your 8012 Error Code? Tell us in the comments below!