Amazon Games have is currently deploying the latest New World Brimstone Sands Update, and here is the full patch notes list. This patch is a major release that brings Brimstone Sands, a new Expedition along with a brand new starting experience, weapon, seasonal event and combat mechanic to the game. Brimstone Sands is a new zone unlike anything else in Aeternum. Roughly the size of 2.5 Everfalls, it features new enemies to fight, a new territory to control, and new stories to uncover.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the New World patch notes for Brimstone Sands Update is covered in the next section. New World’s Brimstone Sands Release downtime has begun for all regions at 3AM PT (10AM UTC) on October 18. Expected downtime is 4 hours.
New World Brimstone Sands Update Patch Notes
Here are the official patch notes for New World Brimstone Sands Update that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
BRIMSTONE SANDS ZONE
Brimstone Sands is a new zone unlike anything else in Aeternum. Roughly the size of 2.5 Everfalls, it features new enemies to fight, a new territory to control, and new stories to uncover.
Death hovers over the scorched wastes of Brimstone Sands, its thirst still unsatisfied even after centuries of strife and war. The ancient Egyptians first encountered the godlike Ancients here and built monuments and vast cities that were part of a flourishing civilization thousands of years in the past. Their civilization has long fallen to ruin, and few of those original inhabitants remain except for the mysterious sorcerer Imhotep, with whom players must work with to solve the desert’s mysteries.
The most immediate threat in Brimstone Sands is posed by the deranged remnants of the Roman Empire’s 19th Legion. What exactly befell the Romans must be discovered, but they have fallen to Corruption and now besiege the ancient ruins of a mysterious Pyramid known as Akhet. They are certain that, within, they will find the secret to their redemption and the long-awaited resurgence of the Roman Empire.
THE ENNEAD EXPEDITION
Delve into Ancient Ruins to face the vigilant Anubian Guardians and solve hieroglyphic puzzles to achieve new power.
Players will explore ancient mysteries with Imhotep, battle powerful Sand Demons, and perhaps, if they persist, restore the rightful ruler who can finally bring order and hope to the region after centuries of chaos.
REVAMPED STARTING EXPERIENCE
We’ve completely redesigned the early levels of New World, so players who start the game or roll a new character will experience brand new stories and quests. We listened to player feedback about the starting experience in New World, and made the following changes:
OPTIMIZED QUEST FLOW
- Quest flow through zones has been optimized, with NPCs who move around with a story that takes players through each region of the game, unlocking side content to pace out the experience.
NEW QUEST DYNAMICS
- We’ve added a variety of new quest dynamics, from wave events to tracking and traversal challenges, puzzles in the ruins, unique interactions with the world, and dynamic events players will encounter.
- We’ve revised onboarding to stay focused on the central storyline, introducing the legacy of King Arthur in Monarch’s Bluffs and a curse and famine from the sorceress Medea in Windsward. Players will still converge on the Hermit Yonas to start on the path to becoming Soulwardens, but the Yonas quests have all been consolidated in Everfall. The Hermit himself is now more mobile, while the story and quest flow vastly improved.
- We’ve also added a lot more character to the zones and settlements in Monarch’s Bluffs and Everfall, with new enemies, new major locations, and new challenges in the quests and open world.
Shapes in the mist! Shrieks in the night! The demon Baalphazu, Marquis of Terror, and his horde of ghoulish Pumpkinites are spreading a living nightmare across Aeternum. Aid Salvatore the Mad in his quest to banish these foul terrors and collect a bounty of limited-time Nightveil Hallow rewards. This event will run from the launch of Brimstone Sands until November 1. Characters must be level 35 or higher to start the questline.
Get ready for a new weapon — the Greatsword. This blade utilizes offensive and defensive stances. Adapt to different situations to survive in battle. Both Weapon Skill Trees feature versatile tactics for varied playstyles:
- The Onslaught tree embodies relentless offense and focuses on defeating enemies before they can take you out.
- The Defiance tree excels at aggressive defense that can survive and deal damage against multiple opponents.
The Greatsword scales evenly with Strength and Dexterity, making it a good pair for many other martial weapons.
Adventurers can now further customize their playstyle through Heartgem Abilities:
- Detonate: Overload yourself with Arcane energy to detonate and deal significant damage in a large radius around you. Players can move and attack while the ability is active.
- Grasping Vines: Punch your hand into the ground to unleash vines around you and root all nearby enemies.
- Stoneform: Turn yourself to stone and become immune to staggers, knockdowns, stuns, roots and slows. Players can move and attack while this ability is active.
- Cannon Blast: Whip out a large, handheld cannon and fire a cannonball that deals significant damage on impact.
- Dark Ascent: Sprout Corrupted wings and fly up into the air, hover briefly, and then slam back down into the ground, staggering and dealing damage to all nearby enemies.
Charge Heartgems through combat actions like dealing and taking damage, blocking hits, and healing allies. Once fully charged, players can trigger an ability. The charge resets upon use. Experiment with and upgrade each Heartgem to find a favorite.
- Increased the vertical Logging animation speed to be closer to the horizontal Logging animation speed.
- Reduced Hearty Buff from 50% to 25% increase in health (per player feedback).
- Traitor’s Hold rope rail now has consistent collision.
- Improved voiceover sync for NPCs Nessa Harrower and Cornil Reynolds.
- Replaced a mountain lion with a grizzly bear south of Clearview Crypt.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Adjusted XP curves for multiple gameplay aspects:
- Character Leveling: Greatly reduced character XP required after level 20.
- 140% reduction through Level 45, then 160% reduction through Level 60.
- Town Projects: XP rewards have been reduced by 75%.
- Faction Missions: XP rewards have been increased by 125%
- Lore Notes: XP rewards have been increased by 200%.
- Gathering: XP rewards have been increased by 200%.
- POI Discoveries: XP rewards have been increased by 200%.
- Gathering Trade Skills: XP rewards have been increased by 125%.
- Corruption Portals: XP rewards have been increased by 150%.
- Character Leveling: Greatly reduced character XP required after level 20.
- Fixed an issue that caused Magistrate Bond to play their voiceover in the incorrect language.
- Fixed an issue that caused the voiceover for Sule Bankole in Brightwood to not play.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Cat Den point of interest icon to appear as the Wolf Den icon.
- Fixed an issue that caused player weapons to not fade out during cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to spin around uncontrolled.
- Fixed a rare crash bug that sometimes happened when first loading into world.
- Fixed an issue that caused performances to desync with the player.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Town Board and Journal to display incorrect information after leaving an Expedition.
- Fixed issues with collision and illumination in The Montore Expedition area.
- Fixed an issue that caused Music Performances to not start properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to hold their primary weapon while playing an Instrument.
- Fixed an issue that caused the unsheathing sound to not play when selecting an Instrument in Musical Performances.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to fall off of Fort walls when exiting turrets in War.
BARNACLES & BLACK POWDER
- Fixed an issue that caused Admiral Blackpowder to play his intro with his cannon in his hand instead of his back.
- Added collision so players can no longer use the hut near the pier as a safe spot.
- Adjusted collision in Crows Nest to prevent players from leaving the combat zone.
- AI can no longer be aggroed onto the Nereid.
- Fixed an issue that caused status effects from the Nereid to persist after death.
- Fixed an issue that caused Nereid’s spears to not clean up after a team wipe.
- Fixed an issue that caused some VFX for Nereid to not apply correctly.
- Fixed a client crash during movement inside the Expedition.
- Fixed an issue that made players unable to use unstuck at certain locations.
- Fixed an issue that caused the fight with Captain Thorpe to not start.
- Fixed the position for Antiquated Coffer that was hidden under geometry.
- Reduced the perception radius of Ekheke so that he no longer targets respawning players.
GARDEN OF GENESIS
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Alluvium Marl encounter from starting correctly in Mutated versions.
- Fixed an issue that caused water flickering issues with the environment.
- Added collision to prevent players from going out of bounds in the Genesis Caretaker fight.
- Fixed an issue that caused room names to not update on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Commander Chen mini-boss to leash to an incorrect position if pulled far enough beyond his initial spawn.
- Fixed some pathing issues in the Commander Chen fight in Dynasty Shipyard Expedition.
- Fixed an issue that caused animation stutter during the Barracks encounter.
- Fixed an issue that caused Joven or Oro to become stuck in their cages.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cilla to not initiate her encounter.
- Tightened up some areas where players could lose AI aggro.
- Fixed an issue that caused water flickering issues with the environment.
- The protection bubble in Starstone Burrows now plays music when activated.
Mutators Scoring Improvements
- Gold and Silver ranks have been adjusted to 50,000 and 25,000.
- Mutations now give more Umbral at lower difficulties.
- Chests have been moved to the end of Mutation runs.
- Gatherable items now add to the Mutation score.
- Bosses and Minibosses now add to the Mutation score, similar to named enemies.
- Fixed an issue that caused a double penalty for team wipes (respawns + team wipes) by subtracting active participants from respawn count when team wipes occur.
- Fixed an issue that caused Berserk and Ice Pylon to trigger the Weary effect in Mutators when outside of combat. Berserk and Ice Pylon will no longer activate the combat state upon activation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Fiery Mutator effect to remain on players when they died or were put into Deaths’ Door.
- Fixed an issue that caused some effects to not apply to low level Eternal Mutators in Expeditions.
- Updated the radius of Shiver Mutation effect from 10m to 4m, to match the visual effects and intended area of effect.
- Updated the Weary Mutation so that the meter only fills while the player is in combat.
- Updated the Weary Mutator tooltip to state that it is only active while in combat.
- Reduced brightness of Unstable orbs in Frenzied Expedition Mutation to be more friendly to players with photosensitivity.
- Adjusted Umbral rewards, giving more Umbral at lower difficulties.
- Fixed an issue that caused casting abilities to not regress the progression of the Weary Mutator.
- Removed the PvP faction missions Dominate (kill players in enemy factions) and Conquer (capture the fort) as we plan broader changes to Influence. Dominate was often difficult for players to complete within the timeframe of an influence race, and Conquer could not be completed at all if the fort was locked.
- The Faction Mission board incorrectly stated that Influence could not be earned when an Invasion was scheduled. The board will now continue to show the Influence meters when an Invasion is scheduled instead of the Invasion messages.
- The available quest marker on settlement icons will now show as a Main Story/Progression available marker if there is an available Main Story/Progression quest in the settlement.
- The locations for two of the Infiltrate/Gather Intel/Preserve mission boxes have been updated in Great Cleave to increase the functional area of those PvP missions.
- Fixed an issue that caused inconsistent hit registration against the Forest Spriggan.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Undead Huntress’s Flame Breath attack to occur when she was placed in enclosed spaces.
- Fixed an issue that caused some AI to stutter when transitioning between patrol points.
- Fixed an issue that caused Alligators to pause for long periods of time after their lunge attack.
- Crawler type enemies are significantly less likely to die while retreating long distances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Pirate Brute to appear to freeze mid animation for some players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Summoner Yau to reset too quickly if the player got too far away.
- Removed Stagger reaction from all Swipe attacks.
- Reduced damage of Slam by 20% and Swipe attacks by 50%.
- Removed all bleeds.
- Adjusted time between attack sets to allow for more counter attack opportunities.
- Removed Invulnerability from all dodges.
- Removed Grit from Lunge, Spew, and Rampage attacks.
- Removed Stagger reaction from Lunge and Spew attacks.
- Removed dodges at close range for low level Withered.
- Removed Grit from Run Attacks, Flurry Attacks, 2H Swipes, and Overhead attacks.
- Removed Stagger reaction from Standing Overhead attacks and reduced damage by 50%.
- Removed Bleed from triple stab.
- Removed Grit and Stagger reaction from combo swipes.
- Removed invulnerability from backflip.
- Reduced pushback on melee attacks.
- Improved decision making for shooting vs meleeing.
- Removed Grit from Shield Bash attack.
- Improved some transitions back to blocking after attacks and reactions to better convey block re-engaging.
- Removed Grit from double swipe attack.
- Reduced hook uppercut to a standing stagger reaction rather than a knockdown reaction.
- Removed Grit from basic attacks.
- Reduced pushback on all attacks and removed pushback on block from all attacks.
- Removed two-hit combo slash from shielded sailor.
- Removed overhead attack from shield and sword sailors.
- Removed Grit and Stagger reaction from Hamstring attack.
- Removed invulnerability from dodges.
- Reduced Stagger reaction on Leap attack.
ANCIENT GUARDIAN SKELETONS
- Reduced damage of 1-Handed Slash by 20% and 1-Handed Stab by 40%.
- Removed Grit from Run Attacks, Flurry Attacks, 2-Handed Swipes, Overhead, Ground Pound, and Archer’s Charge Shot attacks.
- Removed Stagger reaction from Standing Overhead attacks and reduced damage by 50%.
- Removed bleed from triple stab (sword and spear).
- Removed Grit from Charge Attack.
- Reduced pushback on Gore and Charge attack.
- Reduced aggro distance of non-Breach Tendrils to 12m.
- Removed Double Slam combo from low level Tendrils.
- Reduced overall attack rate and added cooldown on Slam attack.
- Reducing out of combat aggro radius to 12m (from 20m) to be consistent with other melee characters.
- Removed Grit from Overhead Slam, Running Swipes, and Grab-Bite attacks.
- Removed Stagger reaction from Overhead Slam and Running Swipes.
- Added an Equip Load driven delay before a target can start running after being hit with a melee attack:
- Light equip load – 1.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
- Medium equip load – 1.0s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
- Heavy equip load – 0.5s delay (Reduced from 1.75s)
- Light and Medium dodge translation reduced by 20% while the delay is active.
- Reduced the recovery of the block break reaction from 50 frames to 30 frames to make block breaks less penalizing.
- Fixed an issue that caused blocked hits to activate the equip load run delay.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get locked in a zoomed state when returning to the open world after exiting an instanced game mode like Outpost Rush while holding aim.
- Fixed an issue that caused ranged weapon shots to sometimes miss close targets at various angles.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to enter an exhausted state after getting hit while still having stamina.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to ignore stuns if they were in their inventory and the stun was not applied via a direct hit.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Finger Guns emote to trigger some “On Hit” perks.
- Fixed an issue that caused free camera to lock projectiles to the player’s position at the time of activating free camera even if the player moved to a different location.
- Fixed a minor issue that caused small player movement if you spammed the F5 key.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons to remain invisible in the player’s hands when a coating was applied immediately after an unsheathe action started. Now, a weapon must be fully in the player’s hands before the coating will apply.
- Fixed an issue that caused deep water wading animations to not play.
- Fixed an issue that caused throwable warning indicators to not show at the correct time.
- Fixed an issue with sheathed weapons activating their gem visual effects in certain situations (e.g. when throwing a hatchet or spear).
- Added a new wading animation in shallow water if weapon is sheathed.
- Reduced input buffer windows during stagger reactions. This should reduce unintended attacks occurring out of reactions.
- Players can now cancel Mortar Shot by clicking the right mouse button while the ability is active.
- Fixed an issue that caused Blunderbuss Double Down ultimate to go on cooldown when an ability was interrupted before its execution.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Blunderbuss to put enemies into Death’s Door and kill them in one shot.
- Removed the Decay on the Haste applied by Blunderbuss’ Run and Gun passive abilities.
- The Run and Gun passive abilities now grant a consistent 40% Haste for 1s after a reload has been initiated, so that movement speed is increased while reloading.
- Fixed an issue where Splitting Grenade would go on cooldown without firing when performed quickly after a weapon swap.
- Fixed an issue that caused Bow Haste passive abilities to have reduced duration when Haste consumables were active.
- Fixed an issue that cancelled the damage impact of Rain of Arrows when switching weapons after shooting.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Bow string to not animate properly when interrupted while aiming down sights.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Empowering Meteor Shower perk to be activated from the Watch It Burn passive’s damage ticks.
- Fixed an issue that would restart Clear Casting’s timer when it expired.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Reheat Ultimate effect to be stuck on a player indefinitely.
- Activating Burnout no longer triggers a sprint delay or cancels auto-run.
- Fixed an issue that caused Maelstrom to sometimes stop ally Ice Spikes or Beacons.
- Fixed a typo in the ability description for Gravity Well.
- Fixed an issue that caused kills with Gravity Well to not show correctly in the respawn menu.
- Reduced startup and recovery of Execute, and improved the ability’s target homing.
- Updated the Execute tooltip to accurately explain how the damage against targets with less than 50% HP calculates out. It didn’t actually increase attack damage to 300%, but increased base damage by 50%.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Great Axe Mauler’s Fury ability to not consistently increase damage.
- Fixed an issue with the Reap ability that caused the target to pass through the player and then move back to the front of the player when pulled.
- Fixed an issue that caused the root applied by Gravity Well to not show the icons as red.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hatchet’s Rejuvenating Crits passive to not trigger on headshots.
- Separated the Infected Throw Disease and Weaken status effects into two different effects.
- Aerial Transmission: Weaken and Disease debuffs now persist correctly on affected targets when disease cloud disappears.
- Fixed an issue that caused Maelstrom to sometimes stop ally Ice Showers.
- Added additional damage information to Windchill’s tooltip.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ice damage perks to make the Ice Gauntlet Heavy Freeze passive not function.
- Frozen Touch: Updated description to clarify that the player needs to be at full health rather than 99% health for this passive to activate.
- Ultimate Chill no longer weakens targets, now only increases damage for the player that owns the upgrade vs chilled targets.
- Weakening Gust no longer weakens targets, now Ice Storm damage is increased by 10% to targets under 50% health.
- Pylon Burst: Burst damage to enemies within 3m now occurs every 2s instead of every time the Ice Pylon fires.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Beacon AOE to get destroyed when hitting neutral targets.
- Fixed several line of sight issues with targeted abilities.
- Targeted Healing group member hotkeys will no longer trigger casts when not in a group, except for hotkey 1. Hotkey 1 will self-cast.
- Updated the Divine Embrace and Light’s Embrace tooltips to be clearer about functionality.
- Fixed issue where Combining Splash of Light’s Purify upgrade with the Purity of Light perk would cleanse additional debuffs.
- Added cancel windows for Stopping Power to trigger after the shot’s reload begins. This should be more in line with other weapon’s ability cancel windows.
- Fixed an issue that caused impact effects for the Musket to play even if the server invalidated a shot.
- Fixed an issue that caused ADS camera to remain active when exiting Shooter’s Stance.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Shooter’s Stance ability shot count to not count down properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the bomb to get put away when holding the right mouse button while activating Sticky Bomb. Releasing the right mouse button with Sticky Bomb aimed will now pull the Musket back out.
- Separated the Traps Root and Rend status effects into 2 different effects.
We’ve found that Rapier was being primarily used as a pocket escape weapon which was never its intended purpose. We want players to use its mobility to gain tactical positioning in combat, not to run away. We also felt that Riposte was frustrating to fight against because it couldn’t be punished if the user made a mistake. Adding some risk to the ability (particularly when fighting multiple enemies) should help alleviate that. We’ll continue to look at the Rapier and make changes as necessary.
- Allegro and Breathe In will no longer trigger immediately upon activating the ability. They will now only trigger when successfully evading an attack.
- Added additional recovery to the counter-attack and cancel animations.
- Reduced invulnerability window slightly at the end of the counter-attack.
- Reduced counter-attack hit box size to make it less likely to hit multiple targets.
- Increased counter-attack homing to make it more likely to only hit a single target.
- Updated the distant weapons sounds for Rapier Fleche based on player feedback.
- Insult to Injury: On successful Riposte, you will gain empower, increasing damage for 10% for 3s, you will no longer be uninterruptible.
- Tondo and Flourish now use Slash damage instead of Thrust damage
- Fixed an issue that caused the Spear’s Defensive Stance passive to trigger from damage-over-time ticks when using the Bleeding Sweep perk.
- Invigorating Crits: Fixed an issue that caused headshots with Javelin to not trigger this passive.
- Fixed an issue that caused Cyclone’s Invigorating Combo to not grant stamina when Strong Momentum was unlocked.
SWORD & SHIELD
- Changed the name of Defiant Stance to Defender’s Resolve in order to address a conflict with Greatsword stances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Grit to end before the active frames on the Sword’s Shield Bash ability.
- Fixed some issues with the Sword and Shield ability’s homing not functioning as smoothly and consistently as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sword and Shield’s defensive formation upgrade to persist outside of combat.
- Fixed an issue that made other player’s Void Blade visual effects invisible.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Tethered Focus Void Gauntlet status effect to remain when traversing the world.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Void Blade to not appear correctly when equipped while running.
- Activating Void Blade no longer triggers a sprint delay.
- Updated the distant weapons sounds for the Void Gauntlet Orb based on player feedback.
- Fixed an issue that caused the War Hammer Shockwave attack to be unblockable and stun through blocks.
- Updated the Plentiful Arrows and Plentiful Shells bag perks:
- Plentiful Shells was updated to be Plentiful Ammo and now states that it returns all ammo from any ranged weapon hit.
- Any existing Bags with the Plentiful Arrows perk will now have Plentiful Ammo instead.
- Anchor’s Mark: Replaced one of the Refreshing Wards with Enchanted.
- Diminishing Orb: Updated description to specify that this perk does not reduce the duration of buffs applied by consumables.
- Keenly Jagged: Fixed a typo with the description that incorrectly listed the bleed damage as 7% weapon damage instead of the actual 10% weapon damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hale and Hearty lifestyle buff to not stack properly with other max health increasing effects.
- Added additional information to the Diminishing Shield Bash perk tooltip to describe that it will not reduce the duration of consumable buffs.
- Added “PvP only” text to the Critical Retribution perk since it only applies to players.
- Updated the Resilient perk’s tooltip to state “PvP only” to add clarity that it does not function against hits from AI because the AI is not able to trigger critical hits.
- Chain perks can now appear on all magic items and not just the ones that match their damage type.
- Fixed an issue with Nguyens Notched Spear having two spear perks.
- Fixed an issue with the Exhausted Exploitation perk that caused diminishing returns to apply to the slow.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hatchets to not naturally roll the Vorpal Perk.
- Fixed an issue that impacted some perk cooldowns not clearing or being applied correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Azoth Bomb to not trigger the healing from the Leeching Azoth Shrapnel Blast perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Fortified perk to not work with certain applications of Fortify.
- Fixed the tooltip text of Vicious Beacon to better match the effect’s behavior.
- Updated the Sundering Shockwave perk to prevent it from applying the effect to targets that blocked.
- Updated the Vicious Beacon perk name to Keen Beacon. This name is more consistent with other perks that have crit chance.
- Updated the Accelerated Defiant Stance perk name to Accelerated Resolve in order to address a conflict with Greatsword stances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Shirking Elemental Damage perk to inconsistently trigger off of Ice Gauntlet Pylon attacks.
- Updated the icon for the Extra Pockets perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused Shirking element damage and Attunement perks to proc other perks and passives.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Shirking Debilitate Cleanse perk to cleanse Nereid’s Erosion debuff.
- The following Perks no longer persist on weapon swap, even when slotted on armor:
- Fortifying Shield Rush
- Accelerating Traps
- Empowering Shooters Stance
- Empowering Explosive Arrow
- Venturing Claw Shot
- Fortifying Perforate
- Mending Protection
- Empowering Meteor Shower
- Keenly Perks
- Fixed an issue that caused the Lasting Consumption bag Perks to not work with the Roasted Monstrous Turkey Dinner item. Also updated the Perk tooltip to remove coatings because this perk does not work with them.
- Keen Speed:
- Reduced duration of the 20% haste bonus on critical hit from 10 to 5 seconds.
- It now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Shirking Energy:
- Dodging through an attack with a light equipment load now grants 15 stamina. The Perk previously granted 20.
- It now has a 6 second cooldown.
- Reduced stamina range from 10 to 29 stamina to 5 to 15 stamina.
- Refreshing Distancing Throw: Fixed an issue that caused the Perk to reduce the cooldown of all Hatchet abilities instead of just Social Distancing.
- Refreshing Pillar of Fire
- Increased ability cooldown reduction from 25% to 30% per enemy hit.
- Reduced max stacks from 3 to 2 hits max.
- Efficient Burnout
- Fixed an issue that caused Energizing Burnout’s Mana regen to remove on hit along with the damage bonus.
- Fixed an issue that caused flamethrower to maintain an 8 second damage bonus instead of removing the bonus on hit. The actual flamethrower attack (Not the DoTs) will now be considered hits for all applicable on hit actions.
- Updated the tooltip to be more clear: After using burnout you will gain 132% mana regen rate for 8 seconds. Additionally, your next attack will deal 33% more fire damage.
GAME MODE UPDATES
- Fixed an issue that caused some AOEs and projectiles to go through Fort gates.
- Fixed an issue that caused Capture Points to not appear correctly in subsequent matches.
- Cleansing Elixir’s cooldown was increased to 30s from 10s.
- Fixed an issue that caused the attacker and defender crests on the map to swap during the war resolution phase if the attackers won.
- War/Invasion Armory items are now Bind on Pickup.
- Fixed teleportation and stutter issues for Elites when attacking a Control Point.
- Fixed an issue that caused Capture Points to not appear correctly in subsequent matches.
- Increased the Invasion Armory purchase Cleansing Elixir’s cooldown to 30s from 10s.
- In an effort to help with gameplay balance, if you have an item below 600, when you enter Outpost Rush your item will have its Gear Score raised to 600 for the duration of the mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused ranged players to gain line of sight to Protection Wards over Fort walls.
- Fixed an issue that caused some projectiles to shoot through collision.
- Fixed an issue that caused AOEs to pass through the spawn barrier and damage other players.
- Fixed an issue that caused repaired repeater turrets in Outpost Rush to continue to auto fire when destroyed while firing.
- Added information to PvP Arenas and Outpost Rush to explain that they have Gear Score scaling.
- In an effort to help with gameplay balance, if you have an item below 600, when you enter PvP Arenas your item will have its Gear Score raised to 600 for the duration of the mode.
- In order to prevent uneven teams, Arenas matches will no longer begin until all players have accepted their invites.
- Made bullet and arrow projectile trails more visible against the environment.
- Arena invites no longer incorrectly persist through character changes.
- Fixed an issue that caused active game mode invites to persist when leaving a group.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena invite countdowns to not stop properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be kicked from their group if their Arena invite timed out.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Arena rewards screen to persist longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena leaderboards to not display properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused consumable quick slot icons to not reset properly in between rounds.
- Fixed an issue where consumable Status Effects that adjust their potency based on player’s level would adjust their value when leaving Arena.
- Fixed an issue with the PvP Arena sometimes showing the incorrect rewards.
ECONOMY, PROGRESSION, & GEAR
- We wanted to give new Level 60 players more guidance on how to engage with end-game systems like Expertise, Gypsum, etc. There is now a new banner upon hitting Level 60 that links to a new section in the Journal to explain these systems in detail, as well as some reminder popups on the next three logins.
- Updated the revenue structure for territory ownership. All revenue earned in a World is now pooled and a percentage is distributed to each governing company. The percentage amount is based on the territory and its town level, ranging from 5% to 12.5%.
- Updated territory upkeep costs to scale linearly with the Town Level. The maximum upkeep cost at town level 39 is now dependent on the territory’s revenue split percentage. This change addresses the breakpoints that incentivized territory owners to not update the town level.
- Locked all tax rates for territories. Housing tax is 1%, Crafting tax is x0.5, Refining tax is x0.5, and Trade tax is 2.5%.
- For full changes, please see our dev blog here.
- The cooldown for changing a company’s siege timer has been increased from 24 hours to 1 week.
GEAR AND LOOT GENERAL
- Average Expertise will now only include your Shield Expertise if you have one equipped.
- Added refinement counts to Gypsum tooltip descriptions.
- Updated the tooltip of the Topaz Gypsum Attunement Potion to reflect the number of Gypsum drops the player can get per day.
- Added text to perk crafting items to describe what items the perks can be used with.
- Archeologean’s Lantern no longer drops with an Ice gem socketed.
- Corrected appearance of Chardis Boss Armor dropped in Lazarus Instrumentality Mutators. Existing pieces of this armor will not be affected by this change and will maintain their current appearance. However, all new drops of this armor will feature the updated appearance.
- Increased the Gear Score of the item “Captain’s Command Longsword” to its intended 350 Gear Score.
- Increased the Gear Score of the item “Swordbound Balikor Longsword” to its intended 350 Gear Score.
- Increased the Gear Score of the item “Vile Longsword” to its intended 350 Gear Score.
- Most Named items, Tier 2 through Tier 4, have had substantial improvements made across the board. These improvements include, but are not limited to, increased Gear Score, improved Perk combinations, reduced level requirements, and increased durability values. Existing named items in player’s inventories will not be affected by this change and will maintain their current stats and perks. However, all new drops and crafts of named items will feature the updated stats and perks.
- For Tier 5, Named items that used to drop between 500 Gear Score and 600 Gear Score, have been set to always drop at 590 Gear Score. They will no longer scale with the players Expertise, as the player will be able to use them at a Gear Score of at least 590. Once a player increases their Expertise for the appropriate slot to 600, they’ll be able to upgrade these items.
- Please note: While the majority of Named items have been impacted, there have been exceptions and categories across the board that were not updated. This is intended. Due to the sheer number of items, a full list is beyond the scope of these patch notes.
- Summertime Orange Spotlight furnishing item upped to epic quality to match its blue counterpart.
- Named Items will now have an animated header and border to make them stand out from other items.
- The Celebrant’s Firework Blunderbuss was previously using the incorrect appearance. This has been updated to the correct item appearance.
- The material requirements for the Corrupted Heart Spear have been adjusted, as well as shifted, to be more wood heavy.
- The Tempest crafted items should now require the correct amount of materials, and now award the proper amount of experience.
- Updated the Defiled Blunderbuss to the correct appearance.
- Updated the cooldown of the Topaz Gypsum Attunement Potion to reflect a 24 hour cool down instead of a 20 hour cool down.
- Updated the tooltip to reflect the number of drops the player can get per day.
- Updating the Tier 3 Warhammer, Crystalline Crusher, to use a more crystalline appearance.
- Shields are no longer dyed for free when cancelling from preview mode.
- Fixed Devil Went Down to Aeternum skin naming issue.
- Fixed a visual issue with Forest Warden’s cape collision.
- Updated item icons for Faction Hatchets.
- Fixed dye channels for Light Cursed Zealot Armor.
- The Warhammer “Dreamcrusher” should no longer incorrectly roll as a 4 perk, legendary item.
GEAR, LOOT, & REWARDS CHANGES
- Named items received from Outpost Rush can now go from Epic to Legendary upon upgrading Expertise to 600 Gear Score.
- Added a named Blunderbuss to the Outpost Rush rewards chest.
- Added Tower Shield to Outpost Rush Conqueror’s set.
- Added Tower Shield to War rewards set.
- Dynasty Warrior’s Musket has been removed from drop tables.
- The Outpost Rush reward chest now has a guaranteed chance to give an Expertise bump.
- Page 2 music sheets for Young King Stanley can now drop in POI’s neighboring Bunny Island.
- Some non-functional crafting materials have been removed from drop tables and the Trading Post.
- Renamed the Stonecutter’s Hat to Stonecutter’s Goggles.
- Summer pattern recipes now have their own category in the crafting panel.
- Added new obtainable gear to Elite POIs:
- Vambrace of Corrupted Rage
- The Mark
- Primordial Spear
- Primordial War Hammer
- Primordial Void Gauntlet
- Primordial Ice Gauntlet
- Soulforged Blight
- Shard of One
- Rumbling Demise
- Added a new named Blunderbuss to the War reward chest.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mutator Boss Loot to sometimes not award anything to players. This change also slightly restructures the way Mutator loot is provided. Bosses at difficulty 10 now provide an additional roll for a piece of their unique armor and weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused Captain Thorpe and Empress Zhou to not drop Timeless Shards at the correct rate.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Invasion Void Gauntlet from dropping.
- Fixed an issue where quest rewards displayed in the Journal and when accepting quests would not show item quantities above one.
- The Named items Malevolent Defender and Elegant Lamplighter were previously not dropping correctly. They have been fixed and can drop from the Protector’s Equipment Cache.
- Fixed an issue with Legacy Wild Rage War Hammer having an armor perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused Invasion Shields to drop from the wrong table.
- Fixed an issue that caused War named items to not drop from War reward chests.
- Fixed an issue where “Armored Hide of the Scorpion Queen” used the item description instead of its name within its tooltip.
- Fixed an issue that caused the music pages for “Path Less Traveled” to not display their page numbers.
- Fixed an issue with Low level regeneration potions dropping at high levels
- Fixed an issue with the Engineer Hat item icon.
- Fixed the tooltip on the Taxidermized Blue-Blooded Barb.
- Fixed typos on varying Blunderbusses.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain crafting clothing to have stretched icons in the Outfitting Station.
- Fixed icons for the Dragatacht PvP armor.
- Fixed the Tier 5 Jewelcrafting and Tanner pants icons.
- Fixed an issue with Thunderous Rebuff’s icon.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Forgotten Helm Tier 4 icon not matching its model.
- Fixed a visual issue and added cloth to the Armorer armor set.
- Fixed a visual issue with Azure Plains Twitch armor.
- Fixed a visual issue with Dancing Flames skirt.
- Fixed a visual issue with Death’s Beckoning chest apparel.
- Fixed a visual issue with Death’s Beckoning cape.
- Fixed a visual issue with Smyhle Breastplate apparel.
- Fixed some cases where cloth objects on characters were deforming incorrectly.
- Fixed the icon for the non-Prestige PVP armor sets.
- Fixed an issue that caused Tier 2 Weapons to have a perk removed. These will now spawn as Tier 4 weapons with the expected rarity and number of perks.
- Fixed the missing textures for the Hatchet “Blood and Flesh”.
- Fixed an issue with Switcher’s Revenge having an armor perk.
- Fixed an issue where certain armor/armor skins would clip through your arms on the Main Menu if you did not have any gloves equipped.
- Fixed an issue where a few new MTX weapons were missing their sheathing sound effects.
- Fixed an unintentional indent in the Void Gauntlet description.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Verdant Trapper Coat.
- Fixed dye channels for Nereid Shields.
- Fixed stretching and clipping issues with the Alchemist Set.
- Fixed a visual issue with Engineer’s Set apparel.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Tainted Coat when players enter their inventory.
- Fixed multiple issues with bows that were assigned gauntlets instead of quivers.
- Fixed a visual issue with the Anubian Conquest Armor Skin that caused the skirt to temporarily become invisible.
- Deft Soft Boots can now be salvaged.
- Fixed an issue that caused some gathering armor to not use the perfect salvage system when salvaged.
- Outpost Rush and War gear rewards can now be perfect salvaged.
- Fixed legendary fishing poles not giving proper salvage scrap.
- Fixed an issue that caused perfect salvage to not occur on PvP items from the reward track.
- Fixed an issue that caused the confirmation popup for a salvage to report items as guaranteed drops when there was a less than 100% chance for the item.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Chain of Zane named amulet to not salvage in Expedition Materia. It can now also be crafted at an Outfitting Station with Lazarus Materia.
- Based on player feedback, we’ve added Salvage Lock to furniture items to prevent accidental salvages.
- Modified the description of housing trophies that provide crafting benefits to be more clear.
- Updating Housing Storage Chest strings to more accurately display their storage values.
- Resolved an issue that caused the Singing Fish housing item to stop playing music.
- Fixed an issue where abandoning a house while on max settlement storage would drop housing items as a dropped bag, potentially causing the player to lose the items. Players must now have at least one unique item slot on settlement storage in order to abandon a house. Excess items will be added to hidden storage.
- Fixed multiple issues with Housing Guide tooltips.
- Fixed an unintentional indent in the Ray-Finned Barb and Blue-Blooded Barb housing item descriptions.
- Fixed a situation that prevented players from leaving their houses.
- Outpost Rush Shields no longer become legendary when upgraded with Umbral.
- Runeglass Gems
- Players can now combine ancient Glyphstones, found in secret locations, with Charged Sand they refine from Sandstone to craft powerful Runeglass Gems. These resources can only be found in Brimstone Sands.
- Runeglass Gems combine the effects of any Gem with an additional power depending on which Ancient Glyphs are used to craft them. Players can then slot their Runeglass Gem into any armor or weapon Gem Slot to receive both effects.
- Perks provided by the Glyphstones always grant an offensive bonus, even when applied to armor. This gives players new strategies to consider when setting up their Gear.
- Runeglass Gems and the resources used to craft them can also be freely bought, sold, and traded to support gatherers and crafters.
- We have added a “First Craft” Trade Skill XP bonus that takes effect the first time you craft a particular item.
- We want to encourage players to craft a variety of items rather than the same ones over and over, so we have added a 2x Trade Skill exp bonus for the first time you craft an item.
- This will speed up crafting leveling for players that utilize this effectively.
- Items that provide a first craft bonus will be identified with a chevron icon on the crafting selection to denote its availability. This icon will disappear once the bonus has been consumed.
- We have added a “First Craft” Trade Skill XP bonus that takes effect the first time you craft a particular item.
- We have added a new crafting item, the Golden Scarab.
- This item, when used in special crafting recipes, will give the crafter the ability to pick 2 crafting perks for their craft.
- These recipes will also require 3 timeless shards and 25 crafting mods.
- The Golden Scarab can be found in the new zone, Brimstone Sands. They are rare drops in Glyph, Sulfur, and Elite chests.
- This item, when used in special crafting recipes, will give the crafter the ability to pick 2 crafting perks for their craft.
- New consumables recipes
- Players can cook new attribute-boosting recipes using fresh scorpion, armadillo, and enriched red meats they attain from animals that call Brimstone Sand’s home.
- Cactus flesh can be used to mix a refreshing “Desert Sunrise”, which will minimize any DoT afflictions the player may suffer.
- Aloe gel can be gathered from desert succulents to produce Alkahest or Acid tincture. The latter is especially helpful when braving the dangerous acid pools found in the zone.
- Three new dye colors celebrate Brimstone Sand’s desert culture: Turquoise Oasis, Cactus Sage, and Baked Red Clay. These new colors can be crafted almost entirely from pigments harvested from the Desert Rose Prismabloom — a plant indigenous to the zone.
- Culinarians in Brimstone Sand’s have a secret ingredient that gives their dishes a unique flavor: fish sauce. This new ingredient gives anglers a new way to get value from their daily catch.
- Harvested from scorpions, this new resource can be used to craft Chitin armor sets, which have increased Acid resistance.
- Chitin can also be used to craft Chitin Padding, which can be slotted into armor pieces to provide Acid resistance.
- Chitin can also be refined to create a new T5 material, Chitin Plate, which can be used as a Tier 5 material in other armor recipes.
- Made rarity of Tier 5 weapon schematics consistent.
- Fixed an issue that caused crafting recipes to not properly highlight in the crafting screen when they were part of an active quest.
- Added messaging for crafting recipes when the resulting item’s Gear Score is based on your Expertise.
- Crafted named items have had their required Trade Skill level reduced. Tier 2 now requires level 1, Tier 3 requires level 50 and Tier 4 requires level 100.
- Crafting a Pristine Opal Earring with a Runestone Stopwatch no longer gives a Pristine Onyx Earring.
- Crafting a Pristine Onyx Earring with a Runestone Stopwatch no longer gives a Pristine Opal Earring.
- Crafting skills can now be hovered on the Crafting Screen to view the amount required to reach the next level.
- Fixed an issue that caused Garnet Gypsum Orb recipes to display the recipe name incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect attribute chances to appear on crafting items using the Runestone Stopwatch.
- Lowered material requirements on Expedition replica heavy boots to be consistent with other crafted boots and replicas.
- Non arena legendary pattern crafting costs have been reduced by 66%
- Topaz Gypsum Attunement Potions now grant Arcana trade skill experience when crafted.
- Fixed certain Dynasty furniture granting lower Furnishing XP when crafted.
- Stamina will now regenerate while Gathering.
- Adjusted the level requirements for some of the gatherable resources to either increase accessibility, or to make room for the new materials from Brimstone Sands.
- Added Young Cacti at 0.
- Added Mature Cacti at 50.
- Ironwood is now 150, was 175.
- Added Sandstone at 105.
- Added Brimstone at 130.
- Lodestone is now 75, was 105.
- Orichalcum Ore is now 150, was 175.
- Added Aloe Gel at 105.
- Wirefiber is now 150, was 175.
- Based on PTR feedback, we compressed the level buckets for the Skinning Tradeskill from 16 down to 4. This substantially expands the availability of creatures for players of all levels. The new buckets are as follows:
- Trade Skill level 0-49 can skin animals up to level 30.
- Trade Skill level 50-99 can skin animals up to level 45.
- Trade Skill level 100-149 can skin animals up to level 60.
- Trade Skill level 150 can skin animals up to level 67.
- We have added new recipes, all known by default, to Refining Material Conversion, giving players an additional avenue to created a limited number of rare resources per day.
- Fixed an issue that caused accepted notifications to not properly interrupt Fishing when opening other screens.
- Completed Fishing quests now award Fishing XP.
- Fishing now remembers your last selected bait.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to enter a bad character state when teleporting while Fishing.
- Fixed an issue where the bait menu could still be accessed when exiting Fishing mode.
- Legendary fish now count toward Fishing quest progression!
- Fixed an issue with players’ movement while holding a fishing pole.
- Added a back-end check to prevent players from activating Fishing while actively in combat.
- Fixed erroneous “Requires Fishing Tool” message when you enter Fishing mode with a full inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Fishing Hotspots label in the Gathering Skill screen were illegible in some languages.
- Certain actions (eg. camping) no longer get queued if triggered right after creating a Musical Performance.
- Fixed broken animations when accepting a musical performance invite while resting at a camp.
- Fixed an issue where the client could potentially crash in rare cases, when in a musical performance.
- Fixed an issue where in rare cases two musical performance zones could be created right next to each other.
- Fixed the music performance floor effect from projecting down to all floors of a multi-story house.
- Musical Performance buffs are now sorted alphabetically with No Effect listed first.
- Added an X icon for songs/instruments that are unavailable.
- Polished results banner by reducing overall size, updating placement, and adding glowing stars / a glyph circle frame.
- Reduced exit performance hold time to 0.5s.
- Added a back-end check to prevent players from activating Musical Performances while actively in combat.
- Fixed an issue that caused a disappearing performance zone when rapidly switching from zone to zone.
- Fixed an issue where players dropping from performances could cause other players to unequip instruments during a performance in progress.
- Removed redundant text from musical performance buff tooltips.
- You now cannot access PvP toggle popup while in a Musical Performance.
- Changed musical performance song book player count from displaying max count to displaying range of players supported (e.g. “1-5”).
- Fixed an issue where unlocking multiple music sheets would show overlapping text when playing in German.
- Fixed errant UI message when attempting to start a musical performance during an Invasion/War. This seemingly indicated that Musical Performances are allowed during Invasions/Wars when they are not.
- Fixed grammar issues found within several Musical Instrument achievements.
- Added prevention to stop players from performing a song if there was an object placed above them that would prevent them from standing.
- Added progression achievements for the Music trade skill at 20/40/80/140/200 skill level.
- Updated Instrument crafting and salvaging recipes. Tier 2 to Tier 4 Instruments now Salvage into a new Instrument trinket that is used for crafting their higher tier Instrument. The Instrument itself is no longer used. This change was made due to issues with the previous crafting recipe potentially causing the wrong item to be consumed when crafting. We really like the idea of upgrading, or “leveling up” a single instrument to higher tiers, and believe this change still captures that flavor while being a safer way for players to manage their items.
- Updated performance note bar to be colored based on the equipped instrument’s Gear Score and influence on hit zone.
- Updated size, font, and artwork for reward banner at end of the performance.
- Fixed an issue that caused Coin to disappear when receiving Coin in the middle of a trade if the amount sent to that player would push them over the wallet cap.
- Corrected “Cheers!” and “Mic Drop” icons.
- Blocked players’ lobbies will no longer appear on the Group Finder list.
- Changed notifications that appear when a player is kicked from their group to better convey that they were kicked from the group as opposed to leaving voluntarily.
- Fixed an issue that caused Store items to be marked as quest items in the tooltip.
- Fixed the Character Transfer Store item to properly show the number of Character Transfer tokens credited to your account.
- Fixed an issue when previewing weapon skins that caused the weapon to not appear in the player’s hands.
- Fixed an issue that caused crashes when using the Store.
- Selecting a weapon skin, when one isn’t already equipped, will no longer transition the character from unsheathed to sheathed when previewing skins. The base will be selected and shown instead.
- Store search is no longer case-sensitive.
- Fixed an issue that caused a rare crash when previewing items in the store.
- Fixed an issue that caused cloth from skins to persist on armor while dying.
- Fixed an issue that caused offhand arm animation breaks after previewing Shield skins.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Perk list in the Trading Post to have no information about Perks that scale higher on weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused expired contracts to show an invalid completion time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Trading Post to stop processing queued actions if the player teleported.
- Fixed an issue that caused items with perks to incorrectly display their rarity as Common.
- Players can now bind arrow and ‘end’ keys to actions.
- Blocked players’ lobbies will no longer appear on the Group Finder list.
- Fixed the rotation of the Forsaken Great Axe icon.
- Fixed an issue that caused cooldown for abilities to not display properly if the player swapped weapons outside of combat.
- Changed font of rewards in journal.
- Fixed faction rank advancement reward to show correct rank name.
- Event currency icon no longer disappears when scrolling quickly in the event shop.
- Faction Initiation quests are now labelled.
- Fixed notification messages to properly display what changed the company name.
- Fixed an issue that caused the aim reticle to sometimes show ammo count for melee weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused an item’s tooltip to show the skin icon when the item was not using a skin.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Blunderbuss’ Mortar Charge ability to display inconsistent ammo count when nearing an obstruction.
- Fixed an issue that caused the targeted Healing Group Member’s display to remain on screen in Menus.
- Fixed an issue with stack splitting for Azoth Vials when you are at or near your Azoth cap.
- Fixed the icon for the Orichalcum Heavy Greaves.
- Fixed the icon for the Orichalcum Tower Shield.
- Fixed the time penalty for going over Mutated Expedition clear times.
- The Musical Performance user interface no longer overlaps with the Faction Control Point user interface.
- Fixed an issue that caused objective markers to disappear upon returning to the Main Menu and logging back into the game world.
- Fixed an issue where right clicking on map would occasionally fail to place a waypoint and the cursor would jump to a random spot on the map.
- Help, Recruitment, and Trade chat now default to feed instead of alert.
- Global Refining Yield Boost translations have been updated for all languages so that there is no text overlap.
- Changed the Help Chat to be Territory bound based on the Game Mode the player is in.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Login Queue to not report the correct information.
- Fixed an issue that caused objective markers to disappear when returning to the Main Menu after logging back on.
- Fixed an issue that caused a song title to go outside of the scroll box when selecting a song for Musical Performances.
- Music rewards now refresh when the player’s music skill levels up.
- Fixed an issue that caused notification banners to reappear after entering game modes.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to continue moving while interacting with Storage Sheds.
- Fixed a typo in the “Missions” section of the Achievements panel.
- Fixed an issue with default data appearing on friends list.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loot ticker to fill up after constantly picking up items, but not update with new ones.
- Fixed an issue that caused only Invasion themed loading screens to appear after a player participated in an Invasion.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from opening Reward Containers if they opened ones that contained Coin/Azoth/Azoth Salt too quickly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the map to open when pressing (i) in the Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused prices for Faction items to not update if you were in the Ebonscale Reach Faction Shop while the territory changed owners, thereby changing the discount.
- Fixed an issue that caused a blank rewards screen to appear when quickly opening Reward Containers.
- Fixed an issue that caused you to start walking while trying to split stack in the Inventory via the split hotkey (Ctrl).
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Completed” title of the town project tile to not localize.
- Fixed an issue where the button to leave an Invasion did not appear in the Escape Menu during an Invasion.
- Fixed an issue that caused the item rarity animations to be incorrect if you opened multiple Reward Containers in quick succession.
- Fixed an issue that caused the text of Fishing Hotspots in the Fishing trade skill screen to overlap for some languages.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Town Projects Board scrollbar to block the total progress and part of mission cards during an event.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Victory Screen to not show the proper negative value when players completed a Mutated run over the goal time.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrong player animations to trigger while previewing weapon and tool skins.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Open Next button on the Reward Container Opening popup to not choose the same container type you had previously opened.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to use the Recall to Inn button in their starting area before they reached the town.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent coloring between Orichalcum Ore and Ingot icons. Updated the Asmodeum Ingot icon to further distinguish it from the Orichalcum Ingots icon.
- Fixed an issue that caused text to overflow on the event button on the main menu in some languages.
- Fixed unnecessary capitalizations in loading screen tips.
- Fixed various inconsistent capitalizations within the Settings Menu.
- Fixed various messages that incorrectly referred to Wars when trying to leave 3v3 Arenas.
- Fixed an issue that caused equip and unequip sounds to not always play.
- Fixed an issue that made some players unable to see their company members in the “Members” list.
- Fixed an issue with chat character count becoming inaccurate when deleting linked items from the chat text.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from interacting with NPCs when standing too close.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Remnant visual effects to remain after they should be destroyed.
- Fixed some lighting issues inside of the Malevolence point of interest in Edengrove that previously caused some rectangular, unnatural looking light patches to show.
- Fixed the visuals of a Fishing Hotspot that was underwater in Cutlass Keys.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to not receive the “Move Away” prompt when they were obstructing their camp from completion.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place camps in settlements under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused the dialogue screen to fail to re-appear after turning in a quest.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ancient Bridge in Weaver’s Fen to not appear on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in certain locations within the Ebonscale Settlement.
- Fixed several Fishing Hotspots that did not appear on the map.
- Fixed the spawn location for Timeless Lion.
- Fixed an issue that triggered the falling sound twice when jumping down stairs.
- Fixed an issue that caused chat delay settings to reset to a lower number when set to a value above 255.
- The “Retry Connection” button found on the main menu during connection issues has been localized in all languages.
- The Housing purchase screen now shows your correct amount of Coin.
- Fixed an issue that caused pinned Quest Objectives UI to overlap with the Armory UI during War preparation.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemy nameplates to display over the Invasion HUD.
- The status effects on boss nameplates no longer cut off when the nameplate is at its highest point on the screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Battle Bread tooltip to show an incorrect damage absorption value. It now shows 5% instead of 15%.
QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
- Added a two second delay between instrument changes for players to alleviate issues with too many simultaneous notifications.
- Added additional gear scaling messages to the Expedition Mutator screen.
- Added highlights to all weapon ability tooltips to emphasize important keywords and numerical values.
- Fixed an issue that caused a completed PvP Reward Track to not show the bonus Azoth Salt received for unselected rewards. This was purely a visual issue. You still received the correct amount of salt.
- Fixed an issue that caused the crafting recipes to change order after opening a new crafting station.
- Fixed an issue that caused the siege weapon health bar to improperly align.
- Improved messaging for notifying players of the Coin cap while Salvaging.
- Improved the opening sequence for learning schematics, recipes, & music sheets to resemble the flow of opening a chest.
- In the ‘select ability’ flyout in the Mastery Tree menus, the abilities are now sorted in the same order the abilities are elsewhere.
- Musical Performances now have an updated audience interface with song difficulty colors and cleaner labels.
- Reduced the frequency of the spend points banner appearing in the HUD.
- Territories are now sorted by name in the Storage Shed.
- Updated numerous Perk icons with more accurate icons.
- Improved batch crafting items to have a more efficient flow when crafting items in bulk.
- Improved the in-combat icon with new animations when the player enters and exits combat.
- Removed the hotkey binding for the Take All button from Storage to avoid players accidentally triggering it when opening the Storage.
- Updated Progression Milestone Icons to emphasize the primary rewards.
- UI alerts for War and Invasion declarations will no longer trigger when players are inside an instance, such as an Expedition, Outpost Rush, or a 3v3 Arena match. These will instead be queued up and played once the player leaves the instance.
- Certain non-English characters can now be used for new character names, such as ß.
- Changed the Azoth cost to switch Factions to zero.
- Retreating enemies now show “Immune” when they are hit.
- Added a sound effect for when a new Inventory slot is unlocked.
- Removed deprecated information from the War Declaration menu.
- Removed a chest that would decrease the weight capacity of the settlement Storage below the current usage. Excess items will no longer be placed in a drop bag.
- Added a missing Water Fowl compass icon.
- The same popup when inviting a player to a Company from the Company flyout was added to the Social flyout.
- Added a minor notification when trying to use a consumable that cannot be used while in combat.
- Added audible cues when a respawn point is on a timer or becomes unlocked.
- Added Faction colors to Faction Token icons.
- Improved the character list box in the main menu to make its presentation consistent with the character dropdown.
- Increased the maximum number of status effects to display for Boss markers to five.
- Opening Inventory is now allowed in all water depths, up to Deep/Drowning. Inventory and Fishing state will now exit upon drowning.
- Disabled the opening of craftable containers in the Crafting screen, as it doesn’t currently support opening more than one stacked item.
- The Faction Mission Board will now show territory standings instead of Invasion messages.
- Added weight displays for each Storage Locations in the Storage dropdown to make it easy to see where you’ve stashed your items.
- Players on probation are now forbidden from interacting with the Company Wallet for War declarations.
- Fixed an issue that caused Player Damage Numbers to not display when the player disabled Floating Damage Numbers.
- Fixed an issue where multipliers on the experience bar would show more than two decimal points.
- Fixed an issue with the AFK warning not working properly after entering an Expedition while the AFK warning was active.
- Fixed an issue where some Wars were being cancelled instead of rescheduled if a server crash happened.
- Claim Point markers will now always be visible in Outpost Rush.
- Fixed an issue where changing ingredients in a way that lowered the potential Gear Score of the item would not update the amount of Azoth you could spend on the craft.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t getting progress towards equipment attribute Achievements.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose Musical Instrument buffs after logging out or a crash.
- Fixed an issue where some Achievement completions wouldn’t count towards the total completed Achievement count.
- Fixed an issue where audio would occasionally drop out when switching to lower-end settings.
- Game Mode music (Duel, PvP Arena, Dungeon, Outpost Rush, Siege War, and Invasion) now resets when the loading screen appears.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Barnacles and Blackpowder Expedition to use the ambient music from Cutlass Keys territory.
- Added new sounds for escaping and continuing in the character select screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused currently playing voice lines to have priority over new voice lines when a player interacted with a different NPC.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Fishing Pole to use the wrong equip and unequip sounds.
- Fixed an issue that caused sounds to not play during the Mortar reload animation.
- Lowered the sound of the Sad Violin emote.
- Updated the ambiance audio within various settlements in Aeternum.
- Updated detection for what kind of surface a player is walking on to better align audio.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Corruption Breachmusic to keep playing after the event was completed.
If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: New World
Leave a Reply