The developers at Gaijin Entertainment have just deployed War Thunder Update 4.42, and here are the patch notes for you. This is a usual patch with tons of fixes, and minor balance adjustments to ground vehicles and the naval fleet. Moreover, you will also find some bug fixes and improvements for the sound, graphics and UI.
All the relevant information you may need to know regarding the War Thunder patch notes for Update 4.42 is covered below. You should be able to download and install this patch right away, as it is now live on the PC and the consoles. Once we have the file size of this release, we will add it here.
War Thunder Patch Notes: Update 4.42
Here are the official patch notes for War Thunder Update 4.42 that is now rolling out to all the supported platforms of the game:
- A bug has been fixed that made a vehicle slide up while moving on a slope.
- A bug has been fixed where specific armaments were missed in the protection analysis while selecting aircraft with custom weapon presets.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented display of the laser emission direction.
- PGZ-04A —the number of the rounds in a belt has been adjusted and the position of the ammo storage has been adjusted (report).
- AMX-30 DCA, Falcon — the order of the APDS round in the belt has been adjusted (report).
- ZT3A2 — a bug has been fixed that prevented multiple ATGM navigation with a single beam.
- Pz.III J, Pz.III J1, T-III – a bug has been fixed that prevented smoke grenade reload (report)
- Pvkv III – a bug has been fixed that prevented overpressure damage.
- Leclerc, Leclerc S2, Leclerc SXXI — a bug has been fixed that prevented kinetic damage to the bustle rack ERA blocks.
- Leclerc, Leclerc S2, Leclerc SXXI — a bug has been fixed with overestimated autoloader reload time.
- Leclerc, Leclerc S2, Leclerc SXXI — a bug has been fixed with underestimated pivot turn time (report).
- Machbet — a bug has been fixed with different targeting angles of the missile launcher and the auto cannon.
- The following SPAAG, IFV, and main battle tanks with belt feed now have belt reload time set to 20 sec.:M163, M247, LAV-AD, ADATS, Flakpanzer I Gepard, ZSU-23-4, ZSU-37-2, 2S6, Falcon, Chieftain Marksman, Rooikat ZA-35, PGZ04A, PGZ09, AMX-30 DCA, Type-87, Machbet, M3 Bradley, M3A3 Bradley, BMD-4, BMP-2, BMP-2М, BMP-3, MBT-70, KPz-70, Leopard-2K, T-72M2 Moderna.
- A bug has been fixed that prevents helicopter auto repair when only the main rotor is broken.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented display of the direction of the incoming missile in the helicopter HUD .
- A bug has been fixed that prevented display of the laser direction in the laser warning system.
- A bug has been fixed that caused the sight stabiliser to reset while turning 180 degrees in relation to a target.
- HKP3C — a bug has been fixed where the ATGM targeting area was reduced while the sight stabiliser is activated (report).
- Super Mystere B2 — a bug has been fixed with a missing AS-20 missile in the secondary armament.
- Pe-8 — bomb drop order has been fixed. External pylons go first, then the bomb bay opens. Separate bomb drop has been added for FAB-250SV, FAB-500SV, and FAB-1000 bombs.
- Yak-1B — a bug has been fixed where wing rocket rails may be displayed in a no rocket weapon setup.
- 30mm GIAT M781 gun — a bug has been fixed where the “New 30mm guns” module increased the spread at 500m distance (report).
- S-199 — the number of respawn has been fixed from 1 to 3.
- Now, when the artillery mount is damaged, the x-ray shows barrels as damaged too.
- HMS Blackpool — a bug has been fixed where the mortars after repeated damage might be displayed as undamaged.
- Admiral Hipper — a bug has been fixed that led to the incorrect animation of the rangefinders on the fire control towers.
- HMS Garland — required camera position for the depth charges drop has been fixed.
- Sverdlov — drown parameters have been adjusted, pumping time reduced.
- MPK Pr.12412 – ammo replenishment time for the 30mm/54 AK-630 gun has been significantly reduced.
- USS Gearing — radar is now able to track air targets.
- Explosives type of the British shells has been fixed:
- 305mm Mk.VIa APC: TNT → Lyddite;
- 343mm Mk.Ia APC: Shellite → Lyddite;
- 343mm CPC: Shellite → TNT.
- A bug when using the Nvidia GPU on medium or high quality settings of the global illumination in battles in the dark day time under the player’s aircraft on the ground could display a highlighted square, has been fixed (report).
- A bug where moving cameras in dark day time battles could display a dark band of edges of the screen has been fixed.
- Console players can now open the appearance view of vehicles from the “Premium Packs” screen in the in-game store.
- For your convenience, you can now select the type of vehicles to display packs in the Xbox in-game store.
- “Restart” button has been added to the game settings when changing sound settings that require you to restart the game client.
- A bug that caused some helicopters to lose their marker for offensive weapon or turret when switching the small arms selector (report).
- The engine sound management system of enemy/allied vehicles has been reconfigured so as to eliminate the possibility of appearing of “silent” vehicles around the player’s vehicle.This applies to ground vehicles and aircraft.
- The engine volumes of enemy/allied ground vehicles have been aligned with each other.
- A bug that caused enemy/allied jets to be inaudible when approaching the player has been fixed.
- Sounds of the machine guns of the ground vehicles received more dynamics. It means that each shot has become more audible compared to the previous and subsequent ones.
- Hits on the ground vehicle of the player and enemies/allies received low-frequency and mid-frequency components of the explosion. Previously the most distinguishable element was the clang of a shell against armour.
Changes in PVE game modes
- In the “Assault Ground Arcade” mode, a bug where it wasn’t possible to respawn in helicopters of a BR under 8.3 has been fixed.
- Ability to play in squads in the missions of dynamic campaigns has been disabled.
- A bug where simultaneous vehicle movement and interacting with game chat could cause controls to be blocked has been fixed (report).
- Advance to the Rhine — A bug which could lead to sudden destruction of a player’s aircraft when flying at a low altitude along the river has been fixed (report).
War Thunder is now out for the PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S platforms. If you’d like to read more game updates and news, check out our Patch Notes section.
Source: War Thunder