Horizon Forbidden West is a relatively easy game, to begin with. But if you are aiming to level up fast and reap the benefits that come with it we have the perfect guide for you right here. And if you are going for the completionist run of the game we recommend you read up on our Survey Drone article.
The story of Horizon Forbidden West starts off from where the previous game ended and one would assume that the upgrades we toiled for would still be there but like any sequel you start off from zero. To expedite the zero to hero journey we have the XP guide for you.
Earn XP in Horizon Forbidden West
XP is a resource that is doled out pretty generously throughout the campaign of this game without resorting to tedious grinds and unnecessary killing sprees. Sticking to the story beats and side content will be enough to push your levels up.
The best ways to earn XP in Horizon Forbidden West without hassle is through:
- Completing Quests: Whether you are completing main story missions or side-quests/errands the XP reward you will receive will be substantial. It is highly recommended that you veer off from the main story and complete these tertiary missions. These missions will have more rewards than just completion XP but will also reward XP for any enemy you killed in them, also resources, weapons and outfits are other benefits too.
- Tallnecks: Overriding these behemoths will reward massive sums of XP along with revealing locations of other activities which pay XP.
- Cauldrons: These side challenge levels are huge combat and platforming puzzles that end in a boss fight. Completing each aspect of them will be profiting in terms of XP and other resources.
- Rebel Camps: When you can take out those huge machines taking out humans will be a breeze, so clear out any rebel camps in your way and XP will rain.
- Dreadwings and Tiderippers: These specific machines will give great XP and can be farmed by returning to their locations. Just be aware of their weak spots and attacks, so strategize when taking them on and you will be good to go.
These are all the ways of gathering XP. What did you use to gain XP? Was it even necessary to focus on this or did the game provide enough to keep you afloat throughout the game? Comment below and let us know.
For more Horizon Forbidden West updates and content check our dedicated section.