The third expansion for Guild Wars 2 is called End of Dragons, and has gone live earlier today for all the players. Just like every new major update, you can expect a new round of known issues and bugs in the game. The best part is, the development has been very active and quick with resolving bugs in Guild Wars 2.
We have mentioned the list of known bugs and issues that the developers have already identified in Guild Wars 2 and are working to fix them. However, the ones with no workarounds are also mentioned in the following list in the next section. For those who missed out, today’s hotfix has fixed a lot of problems in the game.
Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Bugs and Known Issues
Here is an official (and also an unofficial) list of all the Guild Wars 2 known issues and bugs, revealed by From Software and the player community, found in the latest End of Dragons expansion.
The following list has been updated as of on March 2, 2022. If you are facing an issue other than the following ones, please let us know in the comments down below:
- Some players are unable to complete the “Feed Aurene Fish” step in Chapter 2: Outreach.
- Some players are unable to purchase their skiff during “The Scenic Route.”
- Players are not able to enter the second instance for the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire story chapter “Sparking the Flame.”
- The meta-event in Seitung Province does not fail when the timer expires.
- Players who complete the Purist Recruiter’s hero point in New Kaineng before the story step that requires it may be blocked from progress until the next daily reset.
- Players riding skimmers underwater can become stuck or pulled past map boundaries when fighting the leviathan.
- Retrying from a checkpoint after defeat during the final story chapter teleports players outside of the boss room.
- Collecting rewards following the Seitung Province meta can sometimes cause a client crash.
- Jade Sliver Recycling [Bag of Aurillium] tooltip incorrectly states that it contains 10 Lumps of Aurillium instead of 1.
- The jade drone’s “Snoop” skill is permanently active and does not indicate when it has been incorrectly used.
- A cooldown timer does not appear after using a jade bot to place a personal waypoint. The correct cooldown is 10 minutes.
- The siege turtle mount is missing a keybind option. We’re working on a fix for this. In the meantime you can summon your siege turtle using the mount icon on your skill bar.
- Camera may be stuck after dismounting the siege turtle. We are working on a fix. In the meantime you can mount and dismount your turtle again to solve the issue.
- Some new players may appear to have their fishing pole unlocked. You will still need to unlock it through the Mastery track to use it.
- Some players are unable to leave skiffs after a new member joins a squad. We’re aware of this issue and we’re working on a fix. In the meantime, you can waypoint or leave the squad to remove yourself.
- A raptor mount achievement in Seitung Province incorrectly lists a 5-minute time limit for successful completion. The correct time limit is 2 minutes. The text will be corrected.
- The Siege Turtle Health Boost Mastery increases the mount’s health by 50% rather than doubling it as stated.
- Some players are getting stuck after accepting an invite to board while colliding with the host’s skiff. We’re aware of this and working on a fix. In the meantime, you can fix this by interacting with the skiff.
- Mount audio memory may impact performance for players with lower spec hardware.
- (This issue has been resolved) The boss of the ritualist event chain in Seitung Province does not leave the spirit realm when the event fails.
- (This issue has been resolved) Applying skins to fishing poles can sometimes cause a client crash.
- (This issue has been resolved) Completing the Old Bell Hero Challenge may be blocked by the NPC spawning under or inside the terrain.
- (This issue has been resolved) A bug in the Jade Sea map is preventing completed activities from contributing to achievement progress.
- (This issue has been resolved) We discovered a last minute issue with the remote control function for jade bots. Since the remote control option uses new tech we had plenty of opportunities to prepare for scenarios like this one. In every activity where you would have needed to use a jade bot, we’ve set it up so that the content is either skippable, or an alternative is provided. The alternatives are a little rough around the edges because they’re a stop-gap while we prepare a fix, but they’ll ensure you’re not blocked from completing the content.
As always, we’ll be providing you with complete information about the patch notes for Guild Wars 2 as soon as they are released with the above fixes. You can join the official GW2 Forums for further help and information. Are you facing an issue other than the ones mentioned above? Let us know in the comments down below!
Guild Wars 2 is now out for the PC platform. If you want to learn more about game news and patch notes, make sure to check out our Patch Notes section.