Battlefield 2042 allows players to customize every weapon according to their preferences. However, unlike previous games, you cannot customize your weapons on the home screen. This time around, Battlefield 2042 is trying out a different approach – much like the Specialist system. Let’s find out how to customize your weapon in Battlefield 2042.
The new system allows players to swap their weapon attachments on the fly without any delay. However, veterans and new players will both be confused by this new addition to the game. Without any further ado, let’s get started with our guide.
Battlefield 2042: How to Customize your Weapon
This new system introduced in Battlefield 2042 is called the Plus System and it offers tons of customization while you are in-game. Not only is this a welcome addition to the game, but it also provides a lot of variety to the game. You can change your red dot sight to a scope anytime you want to accommodate the long-range fights.
How to Change Weapon Attachments
Getting used to this system is quite easy once you get the hang of it. When you are in the game, press and hold T/LB/L1 to bring up an attachments menu. If you are having trouble figuring out which buttons to press, you should take a look at our controls guide. Here’s how you can change your attachments in Battlefield 2042:
- Press and hold Plus System button on your platform (T/L1/LB)
- Select the component which you want to swap out
- Choose from a list of various attachments and pick whichever you want
- Let go of the Plus System key to equip that attachment
As aforementioned, it is extremely simple to customize your weapon in Battlefield 2042. While it might sound or look complex for the first few times, it gets really easy and convenient as you get the hang of it. Plus, it offers tons of diversity in the match and every game feels different.
This is a highly intuitive system that immerses you further into the game. However, keep in mind that while it is intuitive, you are left wide open in front of the enemy. To make the most out of it, get to know where each setting is located and try to use this system while taking cover.
What Attachments Can You Change?
Once you bring up the attachment menu, you will have the option to change 4 components; grip, muzzle, sights, and magazine. Here are all the attachments that you can change:
- Muzzle: You can chosse between two muzzles. This option can be accessed at the left side of the screen.
- Sight: Located at the top of the screen, you have the option to pick between three sights; Red dot, iron, and scopes.
- Grip: Grips are situated at the bottom half of the screen and you can pick between two. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Magazine: The right side includes various magazines – three to be exact.
There are a total of 10 attachments that you can choose from in every match. This gives tons of variety to the player and allows them to be prepared for every type of situation.
That covers everything you should know about how to customize your weapon in Battlefield 2042. If you are facing any bugs or difficulties, you should make sure to check the server status and fix for lag and connection issues. If all else fails, you can always contact EA support for help.
Let us know in the comments below what are your favourite attachments and do you like the new Plus System or not?