Minecraft 1.18 will be coming out later today and will be the later expansion of the Caves and Cliffs update and is titled as Part 2. The update will be bringing in a complete overhaul of world generation, a new world height & depth (320/-64), new ore distribution, and 6 mountain and 2 cave biomes!
As of yet, we’re expected to see the update in the next few hours. However, we’ve already gotten ahold of mostly everything that is going to be coming out in the next update. Judging by the snapshots, there’s a lot to discover in Minecraft 1.18 Caves and Cliffs: Part 2
All New Fetures in Minecraft 1.18 Update (Caves and Cliffs: Part 2)
We’ve picked up a list of all the expected features of Minecraft Update 1.18. There might be new features coming to the update as well:
UPDATE: Official patch notes for the update are now available! Minecraft Update 1.18 Patch Notes | Caves and Cliffs: Part 2
- Complete change to World Generation
- Change to World Height and Depth (320 on positive y-axis, -64 on negative y-axis.)
- Changes to Ore Distribution
- 2 New Cave Biomes
- 6 New Mountain Biomes
- Hostile Mobs now only spawn in complete darkness (Light 0)
- Seed Parity between both Java & Bedrock edition
- Now, if you enter a seed on the Java and Bedrock edition, world generation will remain the same.
- Old chunks will now blend with the last one when you update w rodl to the latest version.
- New soundtracks and discs added (finally!)
- Changes to the chunk builder and simulation distance as well
- Changes to Control Option UI and Online Options as well
- WIndswept & Old Growth Biome Renames
- 4 New Advancements as well!
As of yet, to reach this stage, the game has gone through eight snapshots, eight pre-releases, and 4 releases candidates as well.
Are you excited for Minecraft Update 1.18? We’ll be publishing the complete patc notes as soon as we get our hands on them as well!