The famous battle royale map Alcatraz from Black Ops 4 is finally here in the Season 11 Anniversary Update for Call of Duty: Mobile. However, it brings with it a few gameplay changes. The design of the map is still the same and it is exciting to see larger maps being ported over from the PC version of the game.
Alcatraz has a ton of exciting events packed and hidden in it. Activision has also optimized certain parts of the map to better suit Battle Royale mobile gameplay. You can look at all the new changes and exclusive images from the map down below!
Alcatraz – Map Overview
Firstly, it is important to note that a few gameplay elements from the original Alcatraz map from Black Ops 4 have been tweaked / readjusted. Here is a list of all of them:
- 40 Players. Squads Only, and 5 Respawns Per Round (per player in the squad)
- No Vehicles
- Classes cannot be pre-selected, they can only be looted on the map
- When you pick a new class your class energy transfers to the new class
- Each time you spawn you have a random uncommon AR or SMG equipped
- Classes currently available are: Scout, Ninja, Medic, Defender, Smoke Bomber and Hacker
- You spawn out of a portal in the sky and only have a short time to decide where to land
- You can find weapon and ammo vending machines throughout the map
There is plenty more you can find when you actually play it a few times. Did you see anything new that we missed out about? Let us know in the comments.
The developers have also decided to put in a lot of exclusive Alcatraz only missions for the Seasonal and Featured Season 11 events. This means that you have to master the new map in order to unlock some of the new camos and perks introduced into the game!
Battle Royale’s Alcatraz is one of the two new locations being added to the game. The second one is The Club!
This concludes the changes and new features added to Alcatraz, the new Battle Royale map. We’re very excited to test out this map and figure out the nitty-gritty. If you want to learn more about the Season 11 update, check these articles out: